Pills For Depression!!

Old 04-10-2010, 10:22 AM

[
Are the percentages of these conditions more prevalent now than "back then" - or are our diets and life styles causing more of these condition?[/quote]

Our diets are miserable! Preservatives are BAD for us! Grow your own, if at all possible!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by marsye
Ok, I guess I just don't understand it because I've never had it. A friend of mine just told me she was taking drugs for depression now and I couldn't see anything she should be depressed about so I was just wondering.....But I'm thinking I should have never started this thread. :? Maybe admins. will delete it before someone chops my head off. :shock:
MARSYE - is there a reason why you DID start this thread???

I am gong through menopause, am a diabetic and I in remission for colon cancer.... Should I be depressed?? Hell yes!! But I am not. I am lucky that I am not depressed, but should I get depressed I will run straight to the doctor and ask for a prescription as I do not want my family to go through hell because of me....

When the surgeon told me I had phase 3 colon cancer, I did not cry nor scream or go wild, I just asked him for antidepressants as I was scared of getting depression. Well they worked... I had mild ones, but they still worked. I do not feel ashamed that I asked for them.. Funnily enough the oncologists and everyone involved with me actually commended me for taking them... Everyone is so proud that I am so positive. (I have been off the tablets for a while now!)

Please do do undermine or judge people who do suffer from depression. It must be so dehibilitating... Try and understand who has depression and you will find you have probably gone through a phase or two.

Just wrote this to tell people that being depressed is not something to be ashamed of. You said you can't understand why your friend is depressed??? Have you tried to really listen to her???

Have a great day. ciao
Old 04-10-2010, 10:41 AM

Oh boy am I in trouble now/...... after I posted my reply (it took me a while to write it so that I would not offend anyone) I read all about the coffee and doughnuts... So glad that you are all friends again. I hope you all include me too........ ciao
Old 04-10-2010, 10:43 AM

[
I am gong through menopause, am a diabetic and I in remission for colon cancer.... Should I be depressed?? Hell yes!! But I am not. I am lucky that I am not depressed, but should I get depressed I will run straight to the doctor and ask for a prescription as I do not want my family to go through hell because of me....

oh dannypanny - our hearts go out to you. ABSOLUTELY! With all YOU are going thru, I would say "heck yeah!" Whatever it takes. And I feel that way about marijuana also - for medicinal purposes. What I believe alot of us are saying (correct me if I'm wrong) is that when a person immediately wants to take a strong med without exploring all their options. Maybe a "blanket statement" isn't the statement to make. Bless you.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:46 AM

do nuts??? Krispy Kremes perhaps?
Old 04-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Power Poster

I don't take meds unless I need them, but if I was depressed I would take meds that can help. It's important to you and those around you.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
do nuts??? Krispy Kremes perhaps?
Hey since you are feeling so sad for me let me add something else.... I had car crash last week..... We all fine. Just wanted more pity... KIDDING...

Hey you do whatever is right for you. I believe one can do anything they want as long as they don't harm those around them.... or themselves. ciao

going to have strawberry icecream and I am thinking of a little tot of whiskey. I don't drink, but hell I am over 21!!!!!!! don't tell mom........ ciao
Old 04-10-2010, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
I don't take meds unless I need them, but if I was depressed I would take meds that can help. It's important to you and those around you.
Well said. I really believe that you must be well before you can help others... ciao
Old 04-10-2010, 11:22 AM

I thank God everyday for the pills that have kept me well. I have never been a patient in a psychiatric hospital. Starting in 1978-9 I had a post partum depression and have had anxiety and depression ever since which is well controlled with meds. My Mother, on the other hand, had a post partum psychosis in the 50's and ended up in a psychiatric hospital for a long time with shock treatments etc. She went through hell and I feel bad for what she went through. I keep thinking that could be me without meds and I thank God every day for how well I am doing.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by canmitch1971
I thank God everyday for the pills that have kept me well. I have never been a patient in a psychiatric hospital. Starting in 1978-9 I had a post partum depression and have had anxiety and depression ever since which is well controlled with meds. My Mother, on the other hand, had a post partum psychosis in the 50's and ended up in a psychiatric hospital for a long time with shock treatments etc. She went through hell and I feel bad for what she went through. I keep thinking that could be me without meds and I thank God every day for how well I am doing.
So sorry you have had to endure so much pain. I hope your mom is doing well. sending you lots of hugs, love and good wishes... ciao