Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • And the plane leaves at 6:30am Friday >
  • And the plane leaves at 6:30am Friday

• And the plane leaves at 6:30am Friday

Old 04-18-2010, 01:19 PM
    Google Goddess

Enjoy and have fun! Bring back some goodies for show and tell. Remember to pack light so you will have room for fabric, books etc.

Craftybear
    Old 04-18-2010, 02:02 PM

Hope you have a great time. I lived in Pearl City for about 3 years. Middle son was born there.
    Old 04-18-2010, 02:14 PM

Have a wonderful time!
    Old 04-24-2010, 10:19 AM

Just got off the plane, got on this site even before the suitcases are unpacked. I will post pics as I get a little more sleep. 12 hours on a plane isn't really conducive for sleep. I did buy fabric......12 pounds of it to be exact. I also have a book on Hawaiian needleturn applique'.....oh...can't wait to get started. Have 12 pm's to take care of, and lost of sewing to get caught up on. Block will be coming for those I am swapping with. Was pretty sick for two weeks, but am feeling better in a spiritual way. Notice I did not say rested......
    Old 04-24-2010, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
    PLEASE PLEASE take pictures of Pearl Harbor. My father was there on "that" day. I will probably never get to see it myself.
    I have to tell you, I did take pictures....but the emotions I felt when I was in the Arizona Memorial were overwheleming. Tears just kept falling the more I read the names. I took pic of every name on the wall. The spirits of those there spoke to me. They are not here physically, but I can tell you that they are still there guarding the harbor.
    Old 04-24-2010, 12:20 PM
    Power Poster

SO glad that you are having a great (if emotional) time and that you already stacked up on fabrics. We are going to the big island in July for a week.
    Old 04-24-2010, 12:23 PM
    Power Poster

Happy to hear that you are back and that you had a good time AND brought back some quilty stuff :D:D:D
    Old 04-25-2010, 07:53 AM

I hope you have as good a time as I had this past December there. We went to Pearl Harbor on the D-day celebration -- very moving, and not nearly as crowded as I thought it would be. My FIL was on a sub-tender when the Japanese hit -- my husband smuggled on some of his father's ashes to scatter on the water at the memorial. Did you go to the Fabric Mart in Honolulu, and go crazy over the trpical prints at only $4/yd or less, then go up stairs to see all the quilting fabric there!!!! My shipping bill was $147 for all the stuff I sent home. I wish I could have had the opportunity to talk to you before you left, and I hope you didn't overpack like I did.
    Old 04-25-2010, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
    I hope you have as good a time as I had this past December there. We went to Pearl Harbor on the D-day celebration -- very moving, and not nearly as crowded as I thought it would be. My FIL was on a sub-tender when the Japanese hit -- my husband smuggled on some of his father's ashes to scatter on the water at the memorial. Did you go to the Fabric Mart in Honolulu, and go crazy over the trpical prints at only $4/yd or less, then go up stairs to see all the quilting fabric there!!!! My shipping bill was $147 for all the stuff I sent home. I wish I could have had the opportunity to talk to you before you left, and I hope you didn't overpack like I did.
    Fabric Mart - $102 yes was blown away at the fabric. On to the Dry Goods in Aiea, over $100 there as well. Didn't overpack as I knew I was going to do this. Will post pics of what I bought at a later time. I am still exhuasted from the 12 hour plane flight. And I will get the swap blocks done, it may just be a little late...sorry...
    Old 04-26-2010, 07:31 AM

Yeah, that plane ride home is a real bitch. Took me days to get the circulation back into my butt and be able to stand up straight.