Please, get your flu shot!

Old 12-04-2010, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by gale
Originally Posted by janjj
Never get a flu shot. Do you know what's in a flu shot? I know they contain mercury - a neurotoxin that damages brain and nerve cells plus more chemicals our body does not know what to do with. I read that 36,000 Americans are killed every year from the flu.
Government statistics lump flu and pneumonia deaths together, but flu deaths are only a small fraction of the total. In 2001 the total number of flu deaths was 267
I feel it is like everything else - Follow the money. Eat good food, drink water and get your sleep.
Exercise helps too and deep breathing to get oxygen into your body. Take responsibility for your own health.
Actually very few people die from the flu. The majority die from complications that arise from having the flu, the most common of which is pneumonia. But if they didn't get the flu they likely wouldn't have gotten pneumonia in the first place. If you are concerned about the mercury in some shots, be sure to avoid canned fish (like tuna) as well-it has more mercury than a shot does.
I noticed on the news today that a percentage of the flu shots contained mercury. Why would it be in some, but not others? What is the purpose of including it?
Old 12-04-2010, 07:13 PM

I got mine at the end of October at my checkup time. Too many parents are refusing vaccinations for their kids and it's starting to be a serious problem. My daughter had her yearly checkup and due for tetanus. She had to take one that included whooping cough also because too many kids are spreading it around.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by adrianlee
To the people who don't get flu shots because "You don't know what is in there," or other non-allergy reasons, just curious - do you get other kinds of immunizations, and do your kids?

Yes, my kids are all immunized. It's quite different to risk Polio vs. just getting the flu. There really is no comparison. Plus, the schools here require immunizations by state law. But, my family will get the occasional flu and deal with it. It's not worth the risk IMHO. I also opted to NOT immunize my children for Chicken Pox and to have them get it naturally. Which they did and are now immune for life...whereas those children who were immunized for it will need boosters etc. It's just not worth it for non-life threatening illnesses and diseases. At least that's how we believe.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Texasjunebug
Originally Posted by gale
Originally Posted by janjj
Never get a flu shot. Do you know what's in a flu shot? I know they contain mercury - a neurotoxin that damages brain and nerve cells plus more chemicals our body does not know what to do with. I read that 36,000 Americans are killed every year from the flu.
Government statistics lump flu and pneumonia deaths together, but flu deaths are only a small fraction of the total. In 2001 the total number of flu deaths was 267
I feel it is like everything else - Follow the money. Eat good food, drink water and get your sleep.
Exercise helps too and deep breathing to get oxygen into your body. Take responsibility for your own health.
Actually very few people die from the flu. The majority die from complications that arise from having the flu, the most common of which is pneumonia. But if they didn't get the flu they likely wouldn't have gotten pneumonia in the first place. If you are concerned about the mercury in some shots, be sure to avoid canned fish (like tuna) as well-it has more mercury than a shot does.
I noticed on the news today that a percentage of the flu shots contained mercury. Why would it be in some, but not others? What is the purpose of including it?
The mercury is a preservative.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:25 PM

There are those in the medical community that theorize the increase of autism is due to the reaction of some children's bodies to these shots and immunizations and possibly the mercury. I've seen some studies and I'm not fully convinced, but it's a theory anyway. Polio vs. the increase chance for autism....it's hard to be a parent now-a-days.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:32 PM

Wow, very interesting thread. I'm not one for vaccines and certainly will not be getting a flu shot. Those of you who got really sick after flu shot, now know why it is such a bad idea.

I read much deeper into the problems with all shots and what becomes clearer is that flu shots just don't work, and can and have caused MORE harm to some people's health. If you have a good immune system, and you take things to keep it that way, you really don't have to concern yourself with putting more money in the pockets of vaccine makers.

Remember SARS?, The Bird Flu? When WHO redifined what a pandemic is so that most cases of respiratory illnesses would be classified as a flu, and therefore fall under their pandemic definition? The H1NI pandemic, predictited, never happened? Each year it is something else and the vaccine makers just make more money while they put poisonous chemicals in their vaccines, and you will need more of their drugs for your other symptoms they have caused.

NO THANKS! I take vitamins, not drugs, and I'm doing just fine managing mild symptoms and getting rid of them quickly with supplements.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
There are those in the medical community that theorize the increase of autism is due to the reaction of some children's bodies to these shots and immunizations and possibly the mercury. I've seen some studies and I'm not fully convinced, but it's a theory anyway. Polio vs. the increase chance for autism....it's hard to be a parent now-a-days.
If I recall, it was the British medical journal, The Lancet, that originally had people believing that vaccinations possibly were causing the increase in autism. Earlier this year, The Lancet recanted this, admitting there had never been any scientific studies done to prove the fact of (the vaccines) causing autism. Also, once the article originally came out, producers of the vaccines stopped using thimerosol (mercury derivative) as a preservative.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:00 AM

Yes, my kids are all immunized. It's quite different to risk Polio vs. just getting the flu. There really is no comparison. Plus, the schools here require immunizations by state law. But, my family will get the occasional flu and deal with it. It's not worth the risk IMHO. I also opted to NOT immunize my children for Chicken Pox and to have them get it naturally. Which they did and are now immune for life...whereas those children who were immunized for it will need boosters etc. It's just not worth it for non-life threatening illnesses and diseases. At least that's how we believe.
yes, but now your kids are subject to getting shingles later in life. Ever talk to anyone who has had shingles - NOT FUN!!! very painful and it can compromise your eyesight as well, I wish I had been vaccinated against Chickenpox. And the shingles vaccine is only partially effective.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts

yes, but now your kids are subject to getting shingles later in life. Ever talk to anyone who has had shingles - NOT FUN!!! very painful and it can compromise your eyesight as well, I wish I had been vaccinated against Chickenpox. And the shingles vaccine is only partially effective.
That argument doesn't hold weight. You can still get shingles even after having the chicken pox vaccine. We've never had shingles and Mother Nature seems to have her way, no matter what. I choose to work with her, rather than against her.

;)
Old 12-05-2010, 09:30 AM

As with all medical issues, talk to your doctor. If over 50 yrs a pneumonia shot is a good preventative. Also, if you knew anyone who has had shingles you will certainly do yourself a favor and talk to your doctor about this. It is only available for those over 50 yrs, insurance may not pay for it (will pay for the administration of shot). Your idea for routine tetanus shot is valid. Don't wait till an emergency situation.
Originally Posted by pookie ookie
What I need is a tetanus shot. Thanks for the reminder!

Are people getting pneumonia shots?