Please help me understand

Old 06-18-2024, 01:28 AM

The only reason I asked about themes or colors is because my niece is so much like her mother -- very particular! I knew that if it was something in a theme or color she didn't want, it wouldn't see the light of day until the next yard sale. They are like that. And I haven't seen her but one time in the almost 2 years since she got married, and we spoke about 10 words to each other at that time. Like I said, we're not close. It's a shame, because I only have 3 nieces and 1 nephew. I never had any children of my own.
Old 06-18-2024, 04:41 AM

Stitchripper, I like your little message. I tell the moms all of that but to have it in writing would make it useful. In the past, I have gently chastised my nieces and nephews for not using the baby quilts I made for their children. I remind them that the quilt was made to be used, snuggled in and it comes with a lifetime repair or replacement feature. (My life time, tee-hee-hee.) and it was received well and I began to here about the quilts being used. I have now been at it long enough to have started gifting the recipients of baby quilts a new graduation quilt. Wow. How can that be?

I don't ask for specifics for baby quilts just generalities such as a color palette. Some times, I just go 1930's reproduction fabrics. It all depends on how well I know the family of that sweet little blessing.