to pluck or not to pluck

Old 03-07-2011, 01:00 PM

It must be male doctors who are saying hot flashes are good for us. Let them try it for awhile!
Old 03-07-2011, 01:05 PM

ROFLMBO!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL I am soooo with you!! Think I got them all at the mirror this morning, but noooooo!!! There is one staring me down in the mirror at work.

I told myself I should have gone for a waxing, but got caught up in quilting instead!!! LOL LOL LOL
Old 03-07-2011, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Roberta
For chin hair you can always do what Rosie O'Donnel did on her show. She beaded the chin hair so it was at least attractive, put the tiny beads like they do in the Islands. :lol:
OH!!! That's just GROSS!!! Yuck!! LOL
Old 03-07-2011, 01:42 PM

Some friends and I have made a pact: we will all go to the same nursing home and keep each others mustache and chin hairs plucked. I don't have to shave my legs as much as I did when I was 30, but those facial hairs make up for it!!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:10 PM

I don't have much to brag about but this is a topic that I can. As I get older I have less hair, on my legs , under my arms and none on my face!! You think lucky me but my Mom is 81 and has very thin hair on her head. Is that my punishment for no facial hair? I hope not.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:18 PM

Well gals there is hope. After about 60 those hairs quit growing. No longer do I have stragglies sticking out of my face, under arm hair is gone and just a few hairs on my legs from the knees down. I am from Swedish, English decent.
Rita
Old 03-07-2011, 03:22 PM

When we go to the mountains in the summer for a couple months I don't have a real good mirror. So when I got home last time. I called my friend (Not) and ask her . Why did'nt you tell me. I had one. about 1/4 inch. Hate it.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:12 PM

When my son was 16 we teased each other that I had more facial hair than he did.

I think worse than the facial hair is the fog that has set in since menopause :(
Old 03-07-2011, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz
When we go to the mountains in the summer for a couple months I don't have a real good mirror. So when I got home last time. I called my friend (Not) and ask her . Why did'nt you tell me. I had one. about 1/4 inch. Hate it.
Where I go, so goes my lighted magnified mirror. I'm going to buy another to keep in the camper.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ritacarl
Well gals there is hope. After about 60 those hairs quit growing. No longer do I have stragglies sticking out of my face, under arm hair is gone and just a few hairs on my legs from the knees down. I am from Swedish, English decent.
Rita
Excuse me, but I am of Swedish descent and I am 72. I am in deep doo-doo if I don't take care of those little buggers that are driving me up the wall. More and more! I have stragglies sticking out of my face, neck, upper lip, but not on my legs and underarms! And--other places!!!!!!! I think Viking women were born with hair on their chin!!!!! Had to keep up with Eric the Red!!!!!! Aw, you know, now that we know we are not in the minority, who cares! If all women end up with little hairs on their chin, thank god it was before our kids grew up and made fun of us. I didn't like it, but I ended up having to pluck the hairs on my grandmother's chin and she lived to be 96. How bout them apples, ladies!!!!!!! Don't say "I can't wait" for this or that - you are just wishing your life away. We are hairy beasts and we just have to live with it!!!!! Or, curse our heritage!!!!! And we can't do that! I'll live with it. Keep my scissors and tweezers handy and hope that I live long enough not to have to tell anyone about my collection of chin hairs!!!!!! Edie