to pluck or not to pluck

Old 03-07-2011, 11:25 PM

I have one that grows under my chin. I was at a conference, talking to a young male colleague who was in a wheelchair. He was staring up at me in horrified fascination. I couldn't work out why, until I went to the ladies and found it! About three inches long and black and curly. A stray from down under, I call it.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:42 PM

Hoooooo too funny. I get my eyebrows, chin and upper lip waxed regularly, but not often enough. Tweezer maintenance in between. That one rather long black hair that grows out of one of my appendages gets plucked. Nasty this stuff menopause brings.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:02 AM

Its the moustach that happens after 40 - my BFF has names for that- there is the "Juan" that is the thin line above the lip - then there is the "Pedro" which is the ones that grow at the side of the mouth and then the worst is the "Juarez" which is all of them together. I usually go about twice a month to be waxed cause of the "Pedro".
Old 03-08-2011, 12:38 AM

I was at the dentist one day--he used his little camera thingy to show me a tooth that was cracked and needed a crown--but when he was showing me my tooth on the big TV screen above my head--to my horror, I saw, magnified at least a million times, my mustache :oops: Now I make sure to wax whenever it grows back. I had no idea it was that bad! I bought a little wax kit from WalMart and just do it myself. It only cost a few dollars and it paid for itself the very first time I used it.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by kathymarie
I get a stiff one on my chin that I have to pluck every week or so....my whole face is fuzzier...peach fuzz...yuck! My eyebrows seems to be getting thinner though....so glad not to have a period but why all these other changes. Now that doctors are saying hot flashes are good for women our age I can't complain about them....well...maybe just a little bit....
WHAT? Doctors say the hot flashes are good? Who said that?
Old 03-08-2011, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mamia
Don't know about the rest of you but at least I no longer have to shave my legs. Don't know if that makes up for the chin hairs or not.
My daughter took after her dad & has really hairy legs & has to shave them often. She get so mad at me because I don't have any hair on mine.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingfan
Full blown menopause here but no facial hair, of course now I want to jump up and check. This is just horrible, I am only 42 and acting like I am in my dotage years. Gained 30 ibs in a year and now I have to look forwrdto facial hair? I never had hair on my legs and arms and if my hair thins out I am definitely using rogaine for women. ok I
I just had to vent also. Love the no periods though.
Menopause is a good time for women to get their thyroids checked. Mine had almost shut down and I lost weight with the medication.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:11 AM

One hair on the chinny chin chin???? Baaaaaaa
One day I pluck, two days back, black and white. I use a wipe on wipe off, smoother, but then the pimples show up..I am thinking of waxing, but, you have to have it long right? Could never wait, feels and looks awful ! We are so lucky right :mrgreen:
Old 03-08-2011, 04:18 AM

yes, this is one of the parts of getting older I do not like. I bought one of those little pencil like shavers and use it to say goodbye to the moustache and peach fuzz. They seem to stay away longer and I hate to pluck. Oh, and they have "NOT" come back in darker or thicker.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by Roberta
For chin hair you can always do what Rosie O'Donnel did on her show. She beaded the chin hair so it was at least attractive, put the tiny beads like they do in the Islands. :lol:
OH!!! That's just GROSS!!! Yuck!! LOL
I agree- YUCK. But then, anything Rosie O'Donnel does grosses me out!