to pluck or not to pluck

Old 03-08-2011, 08:38 AM

I am joining the crowd here. Like my reading glasses, I have tweezers everywhere. But I am in search of the perfect tweezer.

One of the best things about menopause is that I am so warm all of the time that it saves on electricity. Actually other than the whisker thing, I embraced the menopause thing.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:59 AM

I have laughed until the tears came. I am the youngest of four girls, and now the only one still living. I am 72. All I heard for years and years was "Wait until you are my age". I brezed along without changing at all, at least not much, until I hit 40, and it seemed like I aged 10 years in the first couple of months. I had what I called a blah look, like there was no life in my eyes . I looked at myself in the mirror and couldn't figure it out until my sister pointed it out one day. Then I was told," Wait until you hit 50!!" The facial hair thing for me didn't start until I was about 65. It isn"t bad, , but it's there. I just shave that little mustach when necessary, and also the peach fuzz ids clipped close with scisdsors. It doesn"t grow back dark and stiff like a man's does. I tried the creams, but it caused me to have a bad rash, so that was out! But isnt life great? And where else can I find so many "sisters" to laugh about growing old with? I wish we could throw a big party and spend time together. People would probably look at us and think we were a bunch of crazy old ladies !!
Old 03-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Power Poster

If yours don't grow back darker and thicker, then you are very lucky women!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by rushdoggie
Ummm, you don't have to be menopausal to have the danggone chin hairs...and cheek hairs, and jawline hairs, and nipple hairs. I keep tweezers in my bathroom, my purse and in my travel kit because if I see the little bastards they are getting PLUCKED!

I occasionally wax my "hair spots" on my face if I have more than a couple.

I hope it won't get worse as I get older!
Good luck with that LOL! Not my experience, every day is a new surprise.....
Old 03-08-2011, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
ROFLMBO!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL I am soooo with you!! Think I got them all at the mirror this morning, but noooooo!!! There is one staring me down in the mirror at work.

I told myself I should have gone for a waxing, but got caught up in quilting instead!!! LOL LOL LOL
I guess as long as we don't quilt them in by accident we will all be okay LOL mine aren't quite long enough yet to get caught in the machinery.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S
I am joining the crowd here. Like my reading glasses, I have tweezers everywhere. But I am in search of the perfect tweezer.
Yes - it's so hard to find good tweezers! Have purchased several and only found a couple of really useful ones.
Any recommendations?
Old 03-08-2011, 11:20 AM

I have got some good ones at WalMart. I think they are Revlon or Sally Hansen.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
Thanks for the lulz.

I know some ladies who swear by shaving. Exfoliation is a bonus.

Boob hair, huh? Is it dark and wiry? I always thought menopause made you lose more hair than you gained. Do you still have hair on your legs and other familiar places? I should look this stuff up...
How many of you got hair on your chest when you were pregnant?
Old 03-08-2011, 12:07 PM

Has anyone noticd the ads on the bottom of the page? Laser hair removal sale...brazilian body wax..? Are they following our posts, or what???
bev.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:42 PM

My first chin hair was brought to my attention by a gal who came and stood by me at my desk at work. This gal said, I need to get something for you and then proceed at lightening speed to grab ahold and pull it out. Then she says.....obviously you didn't know it was there (it was about an inch long). It suffices to say I get the little suckers now as soon as they stick their heads above the skin! What an awakening that was!