to pluck or not to pluck

Old 03-08-2011, 07:19 PM

Thanks Tweezerman hint. I am off to Walgreens tomorrow to buy three pair, one for my truck, one for upstairs and one for downstairs. It's like my cheeter glasses, one cannot have too many.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Caroline S
Thanks Tweezerman hint. I am off to Walgreens tomorrow to buy three pair, one for my truck, one for upstairs and one for downstairs. It's like my cheeter glasses, one cannot have too many.
Be warned: they are more expensive, but totally worth it, imo. The cheap ones don't work after a while, so you will save $$ in the long run.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by sassy granny
Originally Posted by clem55
I have laughed until the tears came. I am the youngest of four girls, and now the only one still living. I am 72. All I heard for years and years was "Wait until you are my age". I brezed along without changing at all, at least not much, until I hit 40, and it seemed like I aged 10 years in the first couple of months. I had what I called a blah look, like there was no life in my eyes . I looked at myself in the mirror and couldn't figure it out until my sister pointed it out one day. Then I was told," Wait until you hit 50!!" The facial hair thing for me didn't start until I was about 65. It isn"t bad, , but it's there. I just shave that little mustach when necessary, and also the peach fuzz ids clipped close with scisdsors. It doesn"t grow back dark and stiff like a man's does. I tried the creams, but it caused me to have a bad rash, so that was out! But isnt life great? And where else can I find so many "sisters" to laugh about growing old with? I wish we could throw a big party and spend time together. People would probably look at us and think we were a bunch of crazy old ladies !!
Carol, the Sallen Hansen cream really works and it has a little bottle of finishing cream to use after using the hair removal cream. I have a real problem with skin allergies and get rash's from everything. I use this and don't have a problem. It does get a little red if I get busy and leave it on a little too long but I use it at night before going to bed and when I get up there's nothing there. This must be a curse put on women for some reason. LOL
Only one thing could be worse...being a man.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Power Poster

If I don't pluck I may be mistaken for one of those mean old hags who should be wandering the widow's peak at twilight. Give me a pointy hat and a broom and Halloween comes early. Unfortunately, in my bathroom the light is horrible and I have to put a 20x magnification mirror in the window sill to have reasonable success at a hairless chin. I can't get to it unless I straddle the potty. Then there's the wrinkles and the extra skin. Next there will be the waddle. Oh the things my mother didn't tell me......
Old 03-09-2011, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by kwiltamomma
at least we aren't alone!
Kwiltamomma, what a unique avatar you have. Perfectly quilted flower bed. Thats gorgeous, you have combined the best of both worlds, quilting and flowers. Great job!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Dotsie
Stand in the sun and look in your car's mirror, what a shock!
Or turn the sun visor down in the car and Yowee! Why didn't I see those when I was putting on my makeup??!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:46 AM

Stop whining and think of all of us who lost it all when we had chemo!
Old 03-10-2011, 12:50 AM

Had hysterectomy at 28. Was ok until 48 then menopause hit in a big way, but miraculously I stopped getting debilitating migrain headaches. Now 65 and I still get horrible "power surges" or "short tropical holidays" (hot flushes), which Doctor said could last rest of life, (thanks Doc!!!).
Hair - there and everywhere! Actually its not too bad - yet !
Yes you can still get Nad's, well here in Australia anyway.
I use an Avon product in a neat little tube, the tip of the tube makes it easy to use on top lip and eyebrows too, leave on a few minutes and wash off. For me lasts about 3mths.
Yeah getting old sucks don't it, especially the aches and pains.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:21 AM

Is this what I am quickly having to look forward to? Has anyone tried the laser hair removal? I'm not going down without a fight.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:58 AM

I use wax.