to pluck or not to pluck

Old 03-10-2011, 03:11 AM

Does the tweezie run on elec or batteries? Some are very cheap, but wonder if they work?

Originally Posted by Karyn
I have a 'Tweezie', a little hand held device that you just run over your face. When it comes to one of those chunky chin hairs, it sounds like it hits a tree stump. It pulls that sucker out and you are good to go for about a week. I call them 'Witch Hairs", like you can go to bed and nothing there, next morning it is 2" long. Go figure. Eyebrows are lighter, not much hair on legs and underarms. Ahhh the joys of growing older, but Im still greatful for every new day. It's a gift to us from God.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:25 AM

I have a few fuzzies, but what I hate is the "skin tags" little buggers that show up anywhere & look nasty.
Had 3-4 under one arm & the Dr numbed them,using needles long enough to go thru my armpit....WOW did it ever hurt!!!!

Never again!!!!!!!! I'll just have to grow them!
Anyone else have skin tags? Someone said she heard of ppl putting ducktape on them. Now there's a pic, fuzzy chin & tape stuck underarms. Oh,the joys of getting old.

Originally Posted by coachmatthewsvhs
Originally Posted by Hosta
chin hair is the most annoying thing about getting older you think you have them all and your somewhere suddenly you notice OMG its two feet long and dragging across my neck I swing my head it gets caught in my earring, stealthily you reach up and give it a hard yank and spill whatever you have in your hand across your dress. OMG what to do you go to the restroom there are ten women are in there with tweezers plucking hairs from their chins, eyebrows, cheeks, ears, and best of all the boobies. Oh menopause I love you.
Thank you sooo much for the chuckle!!!! I'm there.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:41 AM

I just had 72nd BD & I'm here to tell ya, the chin hairs & skin tags are alive & well.My Mom was still plucking chin hairs at age 89......something to look forward to. NOT!

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
Originally Posted by Ritacarl
Well gals there is hope. After about 60 those hairs quit growing. No longer do I have stragglies sticking out of my face, under arm hair is gone and just a few hairs on my legs from the knees down. I am from Swedish, English decent.
Rita
Sorry to tell the gals that I'm 75 and the chin hairs are still growing. May in Jersey
Old 03-10-2011, 03:45 AM

Don't you love it when it's someone else having a chinny chin chin? :thumbup:

Thankfully I am not quite having this trouble YET. However, my ahem, mature husband is horrified that he will turn into Andy Rooney overnight and is obsessed with having me tweeze his ear hairs and brows. I think seeing his hairy father in a nursing home really did a number on him.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:21 AM

OMG!!!! LOL And I thought I was the only one! It is so annoying! LOVE YOU GALS HERE!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:44 AM

I just love your description! :lol:
Old 03-10-2011, 02:22 PM

Absolutely love the "short tropical holidays" reference. Going to have to steal and use that phrase.

Skin tags - yeppers!! Hate, hate, hate them. Had some removed a few years ago and didn't hurt at all. Wasn't even that expensive as I recall. Might have to look into that again. Thanks for the laughs though!
Old 03-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

My sister's hubby works on people's cars in his free time. One time when I was visiting, a potential new client called and left a message on the answering machine. She said: "Hi this is Eva. Remember me? I'm the Lesbian with the beard...." I cracked up - not often that you hear a woman be proud of her facial hair. Well, Eva came by a few days later and honest to goodness, she has a full-on beard. I couldn't stop staring which of course is rude, but.....
Old 03-10-2011, 04:07 PM

It was such a dreadful experience...still consider it one of my worst "surgeries".Never again....

Skin tags - yeppers!! Hate, hate, hate them. Had some removed a few years ago and didn't hurt at all. Wasn't even that expensive as I recall. Might have to look into that again. Thanks for the laughs though![/quote]
Old 03-10-2011, 04:14 PM

If the skin tags are the kind with a really skinny connection to your body, I just clip them off with a small scissors or nail clipper. Be sterile, use alcohol. Bleeds for a bit and then it stops. Why pay a doc to do it?

Of course I mostly have the other kind, that are stuck on like wax. They seem to grow in the "bra" area. Lovely.

And while we are on the hair subject, DH makes fun of me because my leg hair is thicker than his. He refers to me shaving my legs as "deforestation".