to pluck or not to pluck

Old 03-06-2011, 06:52 PM

My sister keeps a pair of tweezers in her car. For some reason the lighting is better there and she doesn't have to worry if somebody will see it until she gets home.

For those that are 'peri-menopausal', you will be 'in menopause' after the 'curse' has not been to see you after 12 months....... I went 3 years with off again/on again up to 6 months.... talk about a let down when it came to visit for just a couple days........
Old 03-06-2011, 07:02 PM

OMGoodness,I have wondered why someone didn't tell me about this before I found the first one. Why are some topics not discussed? I would definitely want someone to tell me if I had a big hair hanging out . I want to know WHY they grow so fast? huh I pluck them. I did my eyebrows Tues morning & checked my chin, double checked this way and that. Nothing ! Guess what I found this morning(Sun.) right on the end :x :roll: very irritating! But , I must say, men have their own hairy problems :lol: ears and nose :lol: I call DH my little gremlin when he's needing a haircut. :lol: :lol: :lol: I agree with CoyoteQuilts, the lighting in a vehicle is the best place to see them. :D I carry tweezers in my purse just for that reason.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:40 PM

I use Sally Hanson facial hair remover cream on my whole face once a week and still have to pluck once in a while.

A few days before my mom passed away, she reminded me to tell the funeral director to be sure she didn't have any facial hair when it came time for the viewing. And believe me, she was serious.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:04 PM

OK, so explain to me why we get a "third eyebrow" on our chins, but we loose hair down where the sun doesn't shine! I was wondering (when I was much younger) if that area turned grey when the rest of us did. Still don't know as it's gone!!! Glad it was there and not on top of the head!!!

I pluck everything that's not supposed to be anywhere there's something that doesn't belong there! I have noticed that there's less in the eyebrow area to pluck, but what's there has a will of its own & likes to stick up. Mousse works great at taming it.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Power Poster

Pluck! I have the bushiest eyebrows ever, hardly hurts to pluck anymore!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:11 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
OK, so explain to me why we get a "third eyebrow" on our chins, but we loose hair down where the sun doesn't shine! I was wondering (when I was much younger) if that area turned grey when the rest of us did. Still don't know as it's gone!!!
Really?? You lucky bum! Not my personal experience; been getting curious about what a brazilian Bikini Wax is...(and here I am 66, single for over 10 years, 70 pounds overweight and don't need nuttin' to do with sex appeal!)

What a topic!!

Jan in VA
Old 03-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
OK, so explain to me why we get a "third eyebrow" on our chins, but we loose hair down where the sun doesn't shine! I was wondering (when I was much younger) if that area turned grey when the rest of us did. Still don't know as it's gone!!!
Really?? You lucky bum! Not my personal experience; been getting curious about what a brazilian Bikini Wax is...(and here I am 66, single for over 10 years, 70 pounds overweight and don't need nuttin' to do with sex appeal!)

What a topic!!

Jan in VA
I didn't expect this topic!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:20 PM

I keep tweezers in my desk, in my bathroom and everywhere that I might sit and be touching my face. Sure enough I will find one of those UNINVITED GUESTS on my face. It drives me nuts to feel a broomstick coming out of my face. Menopause Schmenopause. I will have to join the circus soon.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:20 PM

Ummm, you don't have to be menopausal to have the danggone chin hairs...and cheek hairs, and jawline hairs, and nipple hairs. I keep tweezers in my bathroom, my purse and in my travel kit because if I see the little bastards they are getting PLUCKED!

I occasionally wax my "hair spots" on my face if I have more than a couple.

I hope it won't get worse as I get older!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Really?? You lucky bum! Not my personal experience; been getting curious about what a brazilian Bikini Wax is..

Jan in VA
This whole thing is hilarious!!!

Jan, my GF had a Brazilian and told me enough about it to know that I never want an esthetist getting that up close and personal with parts I can't inspect myself.

As a fair-haired person, I'm lucky to have avoided the long black hairs so far. Funny how the hair on my head is thick as grass and the rest of my body looks bald. Have to turn me in the light to see the hair.