to pluck or not to pluck

Old 03-07-2011, 08:04 AM

Don't know about the rest of you but at least I no longer have to shave my legs. Don't know if that makes up for the chin hairs or not.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:09 AM

I am so glad to see this topic! I have to admit I'm in the same group! This ONE DARK hair on my left cheek is driving me crazy. I pluck and it comes back.....I pluck then there it is again!!! AHHHH! Then every now and then on my chin on the right side there is one. It's not as dark but it sticks straight out! I haven't even started menopause yet! I do only have one ovary but I get a period each month. Ugh....I hate it!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Hosta
what about when you see one on someone else don't it drive you nuts you just want to reach over and pluck it especially if its one of those really hard black ones that is really long
Yes and it's waving at you!!!!!!! Do you say anything or not???
Old 03-07-2011, 08:22 AM

Bet those doctors were men. Can't see burning up alive and wanting to strip naked in public as being healthy. And if sweatin it off worked there wouldn't be a fat lady over 50.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bernie942
Bet those doctors were men. Can't see burning up alive and wanting to strip naked in public as being healthy. And if sweatin it off worked there wouldn't be a fat lady over 50.
:lol: :lol:
Old 03-07-2011, 09:14 AM

This is the best topic we have had in awhile. The most important point to all of this is, we're still here to enjoy the annoying. Many of our sisters are not.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
If there's a mole on my face then there is a hair growing out of it. I pluck them puppies.
Didn't know that hair grew out of moles. Have 1 under my nose and noticed something odd looking, a hair had grown out about 1 and 1/2 " long. Didn't understand why my DH was asking if I needed a rubber band. Now, I can't wait for that sucker to peep out, clippers at the ready. :lol: :lol:
Old 03-07-2011, 09:41 AM

I ran to the mirror to check... No hairs in my chin so far. Upper lip has blond hairs that I use a slightly curved cuticle scissor with the point away, to trim. Easy when I make the face that men use to shave. Lots of wirey eyebrows, both black and white. Can't see to pluck them , so I use the little scissor to shape the brow curve. What I really hate in my dotage is the dry and less toned skin. ugh!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:50 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

I do a lot of genealogy work.. hand in air on this one and then across my heart.

She had a beard. 50 plus short hairs but long enough to pull by finger tips, blond/light gray that balled me out about their files. I was quiet.. embarrassed my husband and I never spoke back to here. she was just loud and expressive.. I wanted to yank her beard! I had just stood next to a place where someone else had been before me. I guess she thought what ever that person had done I was the culpret.

Yep, one day found a long hair on my neck !! instead of my chin. Thought it was a stray hair from my head until it "pinched' my neck as I pulled at it..

things they don't tell us.. I guess it is always worth to have a surprise here and there in life ! ha ha
Old 03-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

i do it in the car mirror, bet light ever, and i don't want my dh to know ( but his mom shaves her moustache) and my friend had 1 inchers, but she has to know right????? do you say something?????