Podcasts

Old 07-01-2024, 09:55 AM

Default Podcasts

Do you have a podcast that you enjoy listening to regularly? I've just caught up on the Food Junkies Podcast, and need something else to listen to in my car.
Old 07-01-2024, 01:06 PM

You could always do a search for podcasts based on your interests.

I like podcasts that are intellectually stimulating and challenge my curiosity. For this reason, I like a lot of Joe Rogan's podcasts. He interviews people with various backgrounds on a wide variety of topics; he doesn't focus on just one topic like most podcasts seem to do. Some of Joe's podcasts are ones that I have zero interest in, like aliens from outer space. There are others that I find completely fascinating, such as archeology, history, health and fitness, science, psychology, and many others. I really like the long format that Joe provides, because it gives enough time to fully explore a topic, unlike the 2-minute soundbites on the nightly news, or 5-minute interviews on television talk shows.

I worked for several weeks with a woman who loved to listen to true crime podcasts, like Dateline and American Serial Killers, as we worked. I didn't care much for them, too dark and depressing after about the 2nd or 3rd episode. But my co-worker was such a chatty Cathy that I opted for the podcast because I could tune it out and get some work done.
Old 07-02-2024, 03:59 AM

Alan Alda does some interesting podcasts. Varied and diverse subjects.