Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   That "Somebody's Looking at Me" Feeling (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22somebodys-looking-me%22-feeling-t33078.html)

Sandy1951 01-04-2010 04:30 PM

What a great pic! And your avatar pic is super! I'm a little surprised the deer have never challenged your windows. Seems like every few years we have deer crash through someone's window to check the houses out.

I love all the comments about the deer hinting for a quilt or wanting to learn to quilt. So funny! :lol:

MadQuilter 01-04-2010 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by raksmum
Isn't that neat to be able to be so close to the wildlife.

THAT is a matter of perspective. We have a family of skunks living in the culvert and they come over to hang out which our dogs cannot allow. SO the scent of eau-de-pheeew hangs over our land regularly.

My friend lives in deer country and she always complains that there is no deer-proofing. Beautiful animals.

carolevidak 01-04-2010 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by dglvr
Wow they do get curious don't they? Thanks for sharing that picture. I love the wildlife. :-D

Is that a dobie I see in your picture?

Pineapple Princess 01-04-2010 07:48 PM

That's so cool!

Mousie 01-04-2010 08:14 PM

I just love this picture, b.zang! How cool is that? thanks :-D

b.zang 01-04-2010 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
My friend lives in deer country and she always complains that there is no deer-proofing. Beautiful animals.

Very true. I've never found anything that works and I WON'T have a dog chase them off!
My solution is to plant more and resign myself to losing what they take. My vegetables are behind a fence that is deer-proof but not bear-proof as we learned last fall :(
Hopefully we have that fixed now but haven't learned yet whether it's moose-proof or not :)

Overlander 01-04-2010 08:35 PM

I don't think there is a fence made that will keep a moose out. We have them and deer regularly in our yard. They love our apple and crab apple trees. Scares the willies out of me and DH when we take the dog out after dark.

CrystalKicks 01-05-2010 06:35 AM

I bet she liked the humming of your machine :)

tigerlily11 01-05-2010 02:21 PM

You were in the best of company. How nice.

sew cornie 01-05-2010 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

Very true. I've never found anything that works and I WON'T have a dog chase them off!

Have you tried Ivory soap? Slip a bar of original scented Ivory soap into the foot of a pantyhose leg, tie a knot to keep it in place, then hang it at deer-nose level from a tree. They supposedly don't like the scent. Worked with Alaska deer when I was growing up. :lol: