Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

Jill R 03-15-2010 11:15 AM

I've lost about 6 lbs so far. Mostly cutting back in my calories and trying to stay away from soda pops. I am doing some exercise.

trupeach 03-15-2010 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jill R
I've lost about 6 lbs so far. Mostly cutting back in my calories and trying to stay away from soda pops. I am doing some exercise.

That's great!!!!!!!!!! keep up the good work :thumbup: :thumbup:

quiltylori 03-15-2010 11:47 AM

Hi all, I haven't given up, but have lost just a little bit this month so far... :( . I guess I better start looking for the fat quarter I will be sending.

I was feeling a little down after I went shopping the other day. I am happy with the weight I've lost so far (61) but when I saw how flabby my arms were in a sleeveless top I almost cried. All that work and now I have "flying geese" on my arms. OOF!!! I need some good exercises for my arms. I do have the Wii fit, I guess I should use it. And I have to get on the tread mill as my legs are not toning up very nicely either!!! Ah well, I'm in this to the finish even if I don't have the greatest body afterwards. I'm doing this for health reasons first and foremost.

Congrats to all that have lost. Keep it up!!! :thumbup:

laparshall 03-15-2010 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jill R

Great loss. Once you are away from the soda completely for a while, you will stop missing them. Good luck to you. Any exercise is a good thing. Just keep doing a little each day or several times a week. You'll get there. Hey we have FQ's at stake.

Quilty Lori: That sounds frustrating. I hope you find a way to tone those geese. My friend had a large weight loss and she had a flying geesectomy on hers. Ouch! But she was very happy with the way they turned out. I am hoping the tricep exercises I do are going to tone mine. I may be asking the same question as I lose more weight. And the month is only one half over, don't give up on those FQ's just yet.

Leota 03-15-2010 01:44 PM

I started the month of March at 151 (I'm 4ft 10 in. ) and I've dropped down to 147. Only problem is I haven't gotten any lower...that's my goal.
As far as plateaus...I find that eating an apple helps break the plateau.
Keep going... we didn't get overweight overnight we are not going to lose it overnight. Have faith in your efforts. We keep trying at getting our points perfectly matched...We much keep trying to get our healthy lifestyles in line.
We can do this.

PALS65 03-15-2010 03:04 PM

If I could get enough exercise from horse barn chores, outdoor work, etc I would be happy. Just need that extra calorie burn of walking. Let me know when you make it to Detroit. I am sure you can do it. Keep on walking!! I was good today and walked on the treadmill for 30 mins and walked the dog for 30 mins.

PALS65 03-15-2010 03:10 PM

Quick question, is it possible to respond to someone's post directly or do I just do a quick reply?

Lneal 03-15-2010 04:12 PM

If you want to quote what someone has said then hit quote reply and respond to it. I really do not know the difference between reply and quick reply. I believe they both do the same thing, although maybe someone else here says different. Hope that helps.

lhavelka 03-15-2010 06:22 PM

I'm still here too. I was busy working on a new quilt. I am down this week too. I wish it would be quicker but I guess all good things come slow. It was so easy to put on and so hard to take off. I havent started exercising yet, just dieting. Hang in there everyone!! We can do it!!

laparshall 03-15-2010 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by PALS65
Quick question, is it possible to respond to someone's post directly or do I just do a quick reply?

If you want to quote a reply, hit quote reply, if you want to reply without quoting just hit reply, if you want to send a private message, click on the person's name above their avitar and it will take you to Private Messages, then you can write a message to them without anyone else seeing it. They will get an e-mail notifying them of the private message.