Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

buddy'smom 03-18-2010 05:27 AM

Well my weight loss isn't going well either.Up one down one, back & forth, I'm not happy with it but doing all I can do, on some med right now that make ya gain, so this is tuff. Hubby's on vacation this week, lots of Dr's appointments so haven't been to the gym, hope to get back on track next week.
Have a great day!!!!

laparshall 03-18-2010 06:31 AM

Purplemem: You are a class act. Even with all of your "CAN'Ts, you still find your CANs. That is such an inspiration to the rest of us. Hopefully your health will improve enough that you will be able to move around a little more. It is nice to see you check in again. I missed the way you motivate the rest of us. Thanks for the encouragement. We all whine at times, but when I listen to you I realize that I really don't have so much to whine about and blessing counting goes up a notch. But for the Grace of God. . . Take care.
Linda

laparshall 03-18-2010 06:33 AM

buddy's mom: Hang in. Do what you can. Be nice to yourself, you deserve it.

laparshall 03-18-2010 06:35 AM

Beckyw: good for you. I know you must be enjoying the losing.

Quilt4u 03-18-2010 06:36 AM

I just lost a 1/2 pound the hard way. I've been sick. Now the trick . Too keep it off.

laparshall 03-18-2010 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
I just lost a 1/2 pound the hard way. I've been sick. Now the trick . Too keep it off.

Well, it isn't a very good weight loss plan, but 1/2 pound is 1/2 pound, I'd take it. Hope you are feeling better.

Alu_Rathbone 03-18-2010 06:59 AM

Well, I lost my job on Tuesday due to not enough positions and the "refresh" being done. They had one position and my soon to be brother in law got it, which is fine with me, he has a baby on the way which is due any time now, he and my sister need it much more than I do...

So I'm going to get a bollywood workout dvd so that I can work out at home and get my stamina up more before I start running... I'd like to make it to the end of the block with out wanting to collapse! The dvd I'm getting I've tried before and I loved it! So I can't wait till I can get my hands on it!

laparshall 03-18-2010 07:04 AM

Alu: Way to put a positive spin on something that is a negative for most. Have fun with your new DVD.

Alu_Rathbone 03-18-2010 07:08 AM

I can't be upset about it though, I knew it would possibly be temporary. And like I said, he needs it more than I do... Granted I have to get money for college in the fall, but I can always find another job... or get a student loan, I'm hoping more for the job.

And I plan on having fun with the DVD! lol I love Bollywood!

Mrs. Mel 03-18-2010 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by laparshall
Purplemem: You are a class act. Even with all of your "CAN'Ts, you still find your CANs. That is such an inspiration to the rest of us. Hopefully your health will improve enough that you will be able to move around a little more. It is nice to see you check in again. I missed the way you motivate the rest of us. Thanks for the encouragement. We all whine at times, but when I listen to you I realize that I really don't have so much to whine about and blessing counting goes up a notch. But for the Grace of God. . . Take care.
Linda

I couldn't have said that any better. Your positive mental attitude is a blessing purplemem.