Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

buddy'smom 03-18-2010 09:35 AM

Well ladies all we can do is take it one day at a time. Life often steps in and not much we can do about it but be strong and go on. I see mt heart Dr tomorrow, the meds he put me on are not really doing anything except adding weight, so I'm gonna see if he'll take me back off it.
I also have to see my Foot Dr. on Monday, I think it's gonna end up in a hard cast, very pain full again, so I guess they didn't do the job right the first time so six weeks wasted???

laparshall 03-18-2010 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
Well ladies all we can do is take it one day at a time. Life often steps in and not much we can do about it but be strong and go on. I see mt heart Dr tomorrow, the meds he put me on are not really doing anything except adding weight, so I'm gonna see if he'll take me back off it.
I also have to see my Foot Dr. on Monday, I think it's gonna end up in a hard cast, very pain full again, so I guess they didn't do the job right the first time so six weeks wasted???

Oh dear, that sounds so discouraging. It must be difficult to keep an upbeat attitude when you are facing all of these medical issues. I suppose sometimes we just have to take one day at a time. And practice the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Buddy's Mom, we are here to give you moral support, whenever you need it. Don't give up on yourself. Maybe this isn't the best time for you to really focus on losing a lot of weight. So take baby steps and focus on just living as healthy as you can. Even if it is just drinking water, and smiling, and checking in with us here and allowing us to see that things could be a lot worse.

PALS65 03-18-2010 06:45 PM

Strength and willpower can be built, ladies we can build it with the support of everyone here. What is that saying that life is a journey of 10,000 steps but it begins with one small one. Just goes to show that every little thing we do is helping on our journey to weight lose. I am in the mild of one of those nasty times when you do everything right and are not losing weight. I am at 46 lbs lost but don't every think I will make it to 50 lbs. WE CAN DO IT GIRLS!!!

Alu_Rathbone 03-18-2010 06:59 PM

I'm buying a scale tomorrow... I need to know how much I weigh... I'm terrified of the number... but it's better that I know

Rose Hall 03-19-2010 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
I'm buying a scale tomorrow... I need to know how much I weigh... I'm terrified of the number... but it's better that I know

Sometimes the unknown is worse than the known. I'm sure it will be OK.

Rose

lhavelka 03-19-2010 04:47 AM

Well got on the scale today and lost 1/2 lb. I have been trying so hard and it is soooooooooo slow. But I am not giving up I feel better and have more energy. Thanks to all the support here from everyone. Let's keep going!!!

buddy'smom 03-19-2010 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by lhavelka
Well got on the scale today and lost 1/2 lb. I have been trying so hard and it is soooooooooo slow. But I am not giving up I feel better and have more energy. Thanks to all the support here from everyone. Let's keep going!!!

Good for you, a 1/2 lb loss is better than gain, but we can do it for sure!!!!

lhavelka 03-19-2010 05:36 AM

Thanks Buddymom! It could have been a gain. We need to stick together and give each other support

beckyw 03-19-2010 05:59 AM

We have a great group here. It's hard to stay focused when things are not going well. Keep trying and we will get there. Have agood day.

laparshall 03-19-2010 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by PALS65
Strength and willpower can be built, ladies we can build it with the support of everyone here. What is that saying that life is a journey of 10,000 steps but it begins with one small one. Just goes to show that every little thing we do is helping on our journey to weight lose. I am in the mild of one of those nasty times when you do everything right and are not losing weight. I am at 46 lbs lost but don't every think I will make it to 50 lbs. WE CAN DO IT GIRLS!!!

Oh yes you will make it. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. . .