Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

BrendaB 03-28-2010 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
For what it is worth, I have lost another pound. Hard fought battle... I wish it were easier, but it is not. So I celebrate the little victories.

If we continue to log small victories, eventually the big battle will be won!

Here's to a healthier lifestyle for us all!!

Good job, Quilt Mom! :thumbup:

BrendaB 03-28-2010 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by ForestHobbit
I try not to think about dieting. Just am trying to eat healthier. Getting rid of the soda which I love has been difficult but am still keeping it in check. Make sure to add nuts, flax seeds and wheat germ to cereal as well as fruit. Putting dinner on a salad plate to control amount of food. It really does work. Eating more fruit and snacking on veggies. Finally starting to feel like these things are normal and "NOT DIETING". Only lost a couple of pounds, but then it's not a race and change is slow.

Today my son wanted to go to Der Weinersnitzel for a chili dog. I chose a turkey weiner and kraut, no fries, raspberry ice tea (no soda) and ate slow. I wasn't even jealous of the guys and their fries and soda. YAY!

Every victory counts big! Great job. :thumbup:

Lneal 03-29-2010 01:44 AM

For what it is worth, I have lost another pound. Hard fought battle... I wish it were easier, but it is not. So I celebrate the little victories.

I say 1 lb is worth a celebration!! Good job :-D :-D

Pats8e8 03-29-2010 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lneal

I say 1 lb is worth a celebration!! Good job :-D :-D

Just don't celebrate with a banana split!

:-P :-P

laparshall 03-29-2010 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8. . .I say 1 lb is worth a celebration!! Good job :-D :-D[/quote

Good point!

Quilt Mom 03-29-2010 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by laparshall

Originally Posted by Pats8e8. . .I say 1 lb is worth a celebration!! Good job :-D :-D[/quote

Good point!

I took a walk to my local quilt shop and got myself a few fat quarters... ;)

laparshall 03-29-2010 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by laparshall

Good point!

I took a walk to my local quilt shop and got myself a few fat quarters... ;)

Great exercise and a fun destination. Hey that is a celebration in itself. See how much we are changing our lives.

carolevidak 03-29-2010 01:20 PM

Good afternoon Ladies, I am back from a 10 day vacation. I spent the entire time watching hubby and friends eat, and eat, and eat. I stayed with the salads and was pretty good.Needless to say I did not lose anything, but I did not put anything on either. I maintained the same weight I left with. So I think that was positive. Now I am home for a week and off we go for another 10 days.

I took the dog for a 2.5 mile walk this morning and we had to take a break because the dog (Casey) got so tired and hot. (We live in AZ). So we sat along a pond on the golf course until she cooled down and we finished our walk. We will leave ealier tomorrow.

Keep up the good work gals, looks like everyone is still trying hard to eat healthy and get more exercise.

Carole

Barb M 03-29-2010 11:33 PM

Well, weight loss has been really hard for me this month. I started by gaining 2 pounds! lol Then i lost the 2 pounds, so was back to scratch. But finally, i have lost 3 pounds now. Dont know for how long, but i guess we'll see. Havent been exercising this month like i wanted to, but, i will try again lol :)

BrendaB 03-29-2010 11:49 PM

I finally got up enough nerve to step onto the scale. I don't have any great loss to report, but I didn't gain anything. That makes me happy.