Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

Barb M 03-30-2010 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaB
I finally got up enough nerve to step onto the scale. I don't have any great loss to report, but I didn't gain anything. That makes me happy.

Hey Brenda, that's like me too. Sometimes just maintaining my weight is a victory in itself, and taking meds that cause me weight gain does not help in the least! LOL :) I've been weighing myself once a week. Last weigh-in i lost 3 pounds, but im sure when i weigh in on wednesday it will be back to par again lol. Maybe yes, maybe no. I had hoped for 10 pounds this month, but guess that will have to wait til next month. I'm so happy you were able to maintain, thats what i hope for for me too :)

Quilt Mom 03-30-2010 03:14 AM

Having to take meds that cause weight gain must be frustrating! I'm not sure I could manage that. My hat is off to you. Even maintaining would be difficult, and you have lost!

Sounds like everyone is making progress getting healthy. Way to go! :thumbup:

Lneal 03-30-2010 04:38 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I once bought a fat quarter folded like this from a LQS. It stored so easily and looked so neat. I hope you can understand how this is done by these pictures. I will attempt to show and explain it to you.

this is what the finished fat quarter should look like
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36016[/ATTACH]

fold the fat quarter twice, lengthwise
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36151[/ATTACH]

then fold in half again
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36152[/ATTACH]

then tuck in the folded side into the selvedged side
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36153[/ATTACH]

bring selveged edge up halfway
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36222[/ATTACH]

LovingIzabella 03-30-2010 04:39 AM

I am sure i will not win for March but maybe April...Congrats to everyone and keep up the great work :-)
Hugs
April

Feathers 03-30-2010 05:18 AM

snickers! I like snickers...where's the snickers? Anybody seen the snickers? Ya, I'll weigh-in...no snickers for me anymore, I can tell. I've lost about 13 pounds since November...Actually, I've lost much, much more but the last 3 or 4 pounds have come off, gone back on, come off, gone back on with another couple pound "friends" and now they've all jumped ship (my body) for today...tomorrow I'll probably have them back with dates!!!! I journal my food intake, read WW and T.O.P.S. booklets, recipes, etc. Need to lose about 40 pounds...that may take awhile. :oops: :lol:

nikki128 03-30-2010 06:19 AM

Hi Everyone-

I wanted to jump in and say hello. I signed up for April's weigh in. Since January I have lost 13.6 lbs. I am hoping for 8 more in April. My big draw is I am getting married on July 11 and I want to be healthy when we start our new family. I pretty much have to maintain after the first week of may because that is when my dress fitting is and I don't think I can lose after it is altered. I bought a size 16 W dress and have not put it on since losing the weight I have. i am hoping it needs to be altered smaller. That will make me very happy. Good luck to you all !

Nikki

trupeach1 03-30-2010 04:07 PM

TODAY IS THE DAY.............don't forget to PM Lneal with your weight loss for the reward winner!!!!!!!!!!!

carolevidak 03-30-2010 05:16 PM

Sorry Peach - we have one more day - the 31st is tomorrow.
You are just anxious to get to April 1 (April Fool's day) to play some tricks on us. LOL

Carole

trupeach 03-30-2010 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by carolevidak
Sorry Peach - we have one more day - the 31st is tomorrow.
You are just anxious to get to April 1 (April Fool's day) to play some tricks on us. LOL

Carole

I really thought it was today this weigh (hehe I spelled that wrong on purpose) Lneal had a day to see who lost the most and post it on the 1st.

carolevidak 03-30-2010 07:57 PM

LOL Very good peach!!!!! You are certainly quick with the wit. LOL