Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

Leota 03-31-2010 06:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, Here is the "research" I found about stress and weight gain/loss. just cut and pasted the information with the references/links.
I hope this helps everyone.

Lneal 03-31-2010 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
Ok, Here is the "research" I found about stress and weight gain/loss. just cut and pasted the information with the references/links.
I hope this helps everyone.

Thanks so much Leota. I have been under more stress the last week or so because of starting college. I have had trouble with my diet since then too. It all makes sense. Thanks again for doing this valuable research!

Leota 03-31-2010 07:44 PM

your welcome. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't losing even when I did "everything right". It does make sense...so we keep working and not worry about the weight but focus on the life changes that will bring the desired results...
Keep focused...

BrendaB 03-31-2010 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by sewred
I lost 4 pounds for this month!

Congratulations, SewRed! You did great. :thumbup: Keep it up. I think April will be a big month (or should I say smaller month) for all of us. :-)

BrendaB 03-31-2010 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
Hooray Sewred-way to go.

I didn't lose anything this month but BP is back to normal. I guess extra walking has helped that. Now to cut back on calories and eating after 6pm.

Congrats to everyone for making improvements in lifestyle--it's all good!!

Getting your blood pressure in check is a really big deal! Congratulations janRN! You are doing great! Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

sewred 04-01-2010 03:55 AM

I just need to tell you all that you all are a Super Awesome group of ladies and guys on this board!! I am glad to be a part of such a Super group!! Thank you! LOL

QuiltingQueen 04-01-2010 03:59 AM

Well I sent Lneal my weight so I am in!

Someone suggested teh Calorie count site... very cool. I started yesterday logging my food. I got as far as last night when we had a 'pot luck' at church. It was a Passover meal so it was a bit healthier without eggs, dairy and leavening but eating at 8PM is never good for me :( I will continue with it today. I really like the Analysis feature... it shows there I am low/high in vitamins and nutrients.

Thanks everyone for keeping me on track this month! We are flying to Texas for a wedding the end of May and I would love to 'have to' buy a new dress cause what I have doesn't fit!

Deb

beckyw 04-01-2010 04:22 AM

I had a potluck at church last night and a birthday supper the day before. Going to get back on track today.

Feathers 04-01-2010 04:46 AM

Good for you! Getting back on track is sometimes kinda hard for me!

nikki128 04-01-2010 04:48 AM

sent my weight to lneal. I am planning to log calories and exercise as well. Good luck everyone :)