Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

Rebecca VLQ 04-01-2010 04:58 AM

I'm in.

I'm still carrying around "babyweight" and my "baby" is 2.5 years old. You really can't blame them once they're potty training, right?

My method (I guess) is running. I was a runner before both kids, and really haven't "ran" with any consistency in 5 years. I started over the winter, but was super sick this year. Plus, had some knee issues that seem to have worked themselves out.

So, running every other day is all I've got, other than giving up wine. :P Oh, and a multivitamin. Thought about giving up coffee creamer, but heh....I dunno...

Leota 04-01-2010 05:04 AM

Can I claim "baby fat" my baby will be 29 next month :D...
hmmm guess not...
I can blame the cortisol...All my weight has been gained since 1993...
isn't exercise one of those words that aren't allowed to be used on this board? :D

Lneal 04-01-2010 07:59 AM

As of yesterday I sent pm to Grammie Sharon and SharonNC and lacikat for their final weigh in. I have had no reply. Please pm me by the next hour as we want to determine fairly the March FQ winner.

I will post the winner around 1:00 pm central time. Hey thanks girls. :D

Just to make a note please, there is some confusion about the different weigh in threads, so we need to use only one of them now. Please no more posting to multiple threads. For the record everything will be done on the "Weigh In" thread. Lets let the other ones dwindle. I appreciate your help everyone!!!
Linda

karielt 04-01-2010 08:02 AM

Ok I have done so well all month I haven't told anyone I'm dieting or life change or jucieing and my friend brought me an easter basket full of my favorite Chocolate. What do I do What do I do.........
1. enjoy the weekend off from my juice diet
2. eat one and stash the rest
3. give it to my neighbor kids
4. Eat it all and get it over with and enjoy
5. throw it away and hope I don't go dig it back out of the garbage can LOL.

carolevidak 04-01-2010 08:04 AM

I vote to give it to the neighbor kids. If it is anywhere in the house - you will continue to be tempted.

Carole

karielt 04-01-2010 08:06 AM

I think your right...

Jill R 04-01-2010 08:07 AM

I would enjoy one or two pieces and then give the rest to the neighbor kids or take it to a assisted living or nursing home to let the residents enjoy.

Jill

carolevidak 04-01-2010 08:10 AM

Oh, now that is a good idea. Hopefully the residents will get their share before the nurses get to it. LOL

Rose Hall 04-01-2010 08:10 AM

Your local homeless shelter/soup kitchen might be able to share it with someone who would enjoy it as well.

Rose Hall

laparshall 04-01-2010 08:13 AM

Well if it were me, I would say it must leave the house right away. I would, however enjoy a piece or two, there is nothing wrong with having a treat now and then, but then it would have to go. You could drop it off at your dr's office, local Quilt Shop, give it to the mailman to say thank you for all of the SQA deliveries. Mail it to your Angelee, but with a note that you ate one or two.