Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

LovingIzabella 04-15-2010 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by laparshall

So to those of you who feel like giving up, try to stick with it one more month, add some fun activities to your day. When was the last time you just stated dancing? My 4 yr old DGD has a bunny that plays some fast music when his foot is pressed. I watched her press his foot and then she would just start dancing like no one was watching, she would laugh, and she invited me to dance too. So I figured, what the heck, and I tried it. Oh what fun. We both laughed. We did it over and over. Guess what? Fun and activity points. It all adds up. Listen and watch those babies in your lives, they know how to have fun and movement usually comes along with it.
Linda

So very true! I watch my 4 year old daughter and am amazed at the fun and movement she finds in almost everything. We are now bike riding together (her on a bike seat so that adds forty pounds to my pedaling-has to help right?) She motivates me to move and get healthy!!
Hugs
April

nikki128 04-15-2010 09:27 AM

I just wanted to check in on the board. I have been doing the April weight loss challenge and so far I have lost 2.4 lbs. I started working again, and have been cleaning and painting the house in addition to watching what I am eating. I want to do aerobics but I hurt my foot Tuesday and I am hesitant to pounce on it just yet. Maybe next week :)

How is everyone else doing?

Nikki

jnebug 04-15-2010 10:24 AM

I lost 2 this week was hoping for more,but so far thats 4 1/2 in 2 weeks,so will be HAPPY,lol

laparshall 04-15-2010 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
. . .So very true! I watch my 4 year old daughter and am amazed at the fun and movement she finds in almost everything. We are now bike riding together (her on a bike seat so that adds forty pounds to my pedaling-has to help right?) She motivates me to move and get healthy!!
Hugs
April

April: Bike riding is so much fun, and it provides a special bonding time for the two of you. You are teaching her good lessons by showing her a healthy life style. Soon she will be riding her own bike and loving it. Congratualations to you for being a good role model.
Linda

laparshall 04-15-2010 11:07 AM

Nikki and jnebug: You both have nice losses. Congrats to both of you? Did either of you do anything special to take that weight off? What is it that is working for you.
Jnebug, you could be a real contender for those April Fat Quarters, did you sign up?
Linda

Lneal 04-15-2010 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Originally Posted by karielt
I wish I was 1/3 of the way there but at least I have started.

OMG................ you won the weigh in how could you sound so discouraged. :shock: :shock: :shock: Do the happy dance!!!!!!!!! All those FQ's have been arriving.

I didn't take you as discouraged karielt. Hang in there because some of us will take longer to get there than others. Keep up the great job!!

DONK 04-15-2010 12:11 PM

Mine goes up and down. Last week lost 4. This week gained 2.

Lneal 04-15-2010 12:12 PM

Great job DONK!! You are still showing a loss!! Who knows, but that extra 2lbs will come off in a couple days with a few more!!

Lneal 04-15-2010 12:22 PM

Any more weight loss to pm to me? It helps to send your lbs lost and even your gains. Keep in touch weekly and post so we can all be encouraged together. Thanks girls, you are doing a fabulous job!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

tnpow 04-15-2010 12:23 PM

I'm in! I recently made some changes to my eating habits and am serious about losing weight/getting healthier! I am also jogging daily. However, I am not weighing myself. That has discouraged me in the past, so I decided to throw my scale out and measure my success by pants size. Hopefully, this way it becomes more of a lifestyle change instead of a "diet."