Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

BrendaB 04-18-2010 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by laparshall
I found this little ditty in a recent Weight Watchers Weekly newsletter.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake—3 points per serving
Prep time: 3 minutes, Serves 2

3/4 cup fat-free chocolate milk, chilled
1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1-1/2 Tbsp sugar
1-1/2 Tbsp reduced-fat peanut butter
1-1/4 cups ice cubes

Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and blend until smooth. Yields about 1 cup per serving.

That sounds yummy! I could switch out my regular 9 point breakfast smoothie and save 6 points right there! That is amazing!

BrendaB 04-18-2010 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Originally Posted by janRN
Thank you all for the encouragement to hang in there and the great suggestions everyone has. I have to brag: I lost 3 lbs this past week!! I was SO discouraged-felt I was doing what I was supposed to but nothing was happening.
What I learned from all you guys: stick to it, exercise of some sort daily, better food choices, and eating something small when I come home from work so I don't over eat at supper. Portion control still needs to be watched-I liked the suggestion to add lots of veggies to plate from TruPeach. I don't feel deprived when my plate looks full and they really are filling.
Everyone keep up the good work. Even if the scale doesn't show a loss right away, we're healthier and eventually will show a loss. (Sorry I was whining last week about not losing LOL).
Thank you thank you again everyone and hang in there-congrats to those who lost and congrats to everyone who has made healthy changes!!

Aren't you glad you didn't give up?????????? I know I am!!!!!!! 3 lbs great......you are doing so well, everyones body is different it took yours a little time to adjust, but now you will see the benefits of all the work, the lbs will start to melt away!!!!!!!!! doing the happy dance for you!!!!!!!!

Here is a great easy weigh(hehe) to add veggies to pasta. after you fill the pot with water add fresh or frozen veggies, Broccoli and spinach work well but you can use whatever you want. When the water comes to a boil add pasta and cook as usual. When it is done drain and you have everything cooked at once. Toss in your favorite sauce and you are good to go.

I think everyone is doing great!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone needs a little help without asking on the open forum send me a PM and I will do my best to help you figure out a game plan.

What a great idea for cooking pasta and veggies! I have got to give this a try and soon. :-)

Lneal 04-18-2010 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by laparshall
I found this little ditty in a recent Weight Watchers Weekly newsletter.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake—3 points per serving
Prep time: 3 minutes, Serves 2

3/4 cup fat-free chocolate milk, chilled
1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1-1/2 Tbsp sugar
1-1/2 Tbsp reduced-fat peanut butter
1-1/4 cups ice cubes

Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and blend until smooth. Yields about 1 cup per serving.

YUMMY!! :D Sounds good, I can't wait to try it!! Thanks laparshall. I like recipes that are quick and appetizing :thumbup:

BrendaB 04-18-2010 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaB

I love these ideas!! Planning snacks is a great idea. I can certainly eat an entire bag of sour cream & onion chips in one sitting (and I don't mean a small bag) so I quit buying them. I got some pretzels and portion them into 100 cal bags so I grab them. But I'm also going to do that with veggies. Linda that was a "duh--why didn't I think of that" moment. The simplest things make the most sense.
Peach-I made pasta for dinner and only ate ONE CUP!! Next time I'm going to throw in some spinach (hate broccoli) cause it sounds so good and I don't eat enough veggies.
Ineal: hey!! You come first then the rest of life. If you don't eat right and take care of you, the other stuff won't matter. You can do it-get right back on track.
Great job and thanks again all of you. Remember: I am woman, hear me roar. We rock!!

JanRN, I'm so proud of you!!! You are doing great. I think I hear FQs calling your name. Can you hear them? I'm so happy for you. Like TruPeach, I'm doing the happy dance for you --dance-ouch-dance-ouch-ouch-dance LOL

Lets go Brenda............. shake that booty, shake...... shake that booty.............!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too FUNNY!!! LMBO Just cleaned the bathroom - a major workout for me - and vacuumed 2 rooms and a hallway. Can that please count for my workout for today??? My back is in spasms, but I was movin and groovin lol

trupeach1 04-18-2010 01:43 PM

I love these ideas!! Planning snacks is a great idea. I can certainly eat an entire bag of sour cream & onion chips in one sitting (and I don't mean a small bag) so I quit buying them. I got some pretzels and portion them into 100 cal bags so I grab them. But I'm also going to do that with veggies. Linda that was a "duh--why didn't I think of that" moment. The simplest things make the most sense.
Peach-I made pasta for dinner and only ate ONE CUP!! Next time I'm going to throw in some spinach (hate broccoli) cause it sounds so good and I don't eat enough veggies.
Ineal: hey!! You come first then the rest of life. If you don't eat right and take care of you, the other stuff won't matter. You can do it-get right back on track.
Great job and thanks again all of you. Remember: I am woman, hear me roar. We rock!!

JanRN, I'm so proud of you!!! You are doing great. I think I hear FQs calling your name. Can you hear them? I'm so happy for you. Like TruPeach, I'm doing the happy dance for you --dance-ouch-dance-ouch-ouch-dance LOL

Lets go Brenda............. shake that booty, shake...... shake that booty.............!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too FUNNY!!! LMBO Just cleaned the bathroom - a major workout for me - and vacuumed 2 rooms and a hallway. Can that please count for my workout for today??? My back is in spasms, but I was movin and groovin lol

So You are Laughing Your Butt Off now wouldn't that be a sight to see if we all Laughed Our Butts Off we would have less weight to lose. I am sure mind must weigh about 40 lbs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BrendaB 04-18-2010 02:23 PM

So You are Laughing Your Butt Off now wouldn't that be a sight to see if we all Laughed Our Butts Off we would have less weight to lose. I am sure mind must weigh about 40 lbs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, if only we could!!! I would be in that line for sure! lol

carolevidak 04-19-2010 05:26 PM

Hi everyone!! I am back from vacation and I just know the scale will show it on Thursday. Oh well, I had a great time and now I am back walking and journaling. A little set back I am sure - but I am forging ahead. LOL.

Carole

Lneal 04-19-2010 06:30 PM

carolevidak we are glad you are back. Hoping the scales won't be too hard on you! :-D Vacations are more challenging, but with a few good dieting days you can get the extra off. Hang in there!!

carolevidak 04-19-2010 06:39 PM

Thanks Lneal. I am going to get right back in the swing of things and not look back (all I'll see is that big rump anyway) LOL The truth will come out on Thursday!!!!

Carole

janRN 04-20-2010 08:37 AM

I was waiting in line at the grocery store today and picked up a mag to read. In the inevitable diet article they were talking about healthy snacks. They were suggesting combining certain things to help cut hunger (not to lose weight, I remember that fad diet). This makes sense: don't just eat an apple but add 1 Tbsp peanut butter; the apple raises your blood sugar then causes it to drop causing you to feel hungry again. The peanut butter (protein) slows the rise and fall of blood sugar. The other one was 100 cal yogurt and 1/4 cup bran nuggets (I forget what those little hard things are called). Again this prevents spikes and drops of blood sugar. There were a lot more but it was my turn to check out so I put the mag back. (Stupid-I should have bought it!) Can't remember which mag.
So my question: what other combos would be healthy? Peach, if you see this I know you'll have some good ideas. I know there were some with veggies & ??
Thanks again guys for the help. Hope everyone is eating well and if not losing at least feeling great!