Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

laparshall 05-10-2010 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by carolevidak
Yummy that pie sounds so good, and the whole pie is only 4 pts. Wow! Thanks you so much for sharing.

Carole

You are welcome. It is definately worth trying. It really hits the spot for the sweet tooth.

Alu_Rathbone 05-10-2010 11:59 AM

Okay, I have a goal ... I need to lose at least 20 pounds by August 25th... reason for hte date is due to Year Book photo for College (i didn't know that they had year books in college...) I understand that it is the face that will be captured, but I need to lose some of the chub... I have taken out some work out dvds from the library...

I think I'm going to conduct an experiment for a month... I'll work out everyday for an hour or two with the dvds, and see what happens... the one I reall want to test is the Zumba dvd... they claim that just an hour a day for ten days will make you lose a dress size... I want to test that theory... I really really do... not cause I want to lose a dress size (I do) but to test validity... I just need to find someone to let me borrow the dvds for a month... I'm on a huge waiting list at the library for it... and even then I only get it for a week...

Pats8e8 05-10-2010 11:40 PM

Well, I had a double whammy this weekend with my birthday and Mother's Day. So now I really need to get back on track and hope for the best on weigh in day Friday. :) That pie sounds good, DH would love it but wonder where the crust was. How much do you think it would add in points with a graham cracker crust?

BrendaB 05-11-2010 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
Well, I had a double whammy this weekend with my birthday and Mother's Day. So now I really need to get back on track and hope for the best on weigh in day Friday. :) That pie sounds good, DH would love it but wonder where the crust was. How much do you think it would add in points with a graham cracker crust?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Pats8e8 :-)

BrendaB 05-11-2010 12:38 AM

Yummy that pie sounds so good, and the whole pie is only 4 pts. Wow! Thanks you so much for sharing.

Carole

You were kidding about the 4 points for the whole pie, right?

Rose Hall 05-11-2010 06:57 AM

woohoo! my water broke last night around 6pm. they had to start the pitocin this morning--still no contractions. I hope to lose about 20 lbs. today!

Rose Hall

bella 05-11-2010 07:21 AM

I just joined curves they have a 30 days for 30.00. really need to lose some pounds love my clothes but feel stuffed in them. This is perfect. Will make me accountable did not even tell DH I joined. Silly right?

laparshall 05-11-2010 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8

Happy birthday. You can figure out the points value of the crust and add it to the 4 points for the pie and then divide the total points by the number of pieces you cut. Hey wait, isn't that Algebra? This pie is really very good, maybe if you didn't call it pie, and just called it a Strawberry desert w/cool whip, sorta trick in into trying it. My DH is loving this desert. I made another one last night, and he was very happy with it. And the beauty of it is, if you want another piece, then have one. But he is on Weight Watchers program with me, so he is happy we found something to satisfy his sweet tooth that he can have a lot of.

laparshall 05-11-2010 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaB

Carole

You were kidding about the 4 points for the whole pie, right?

Nope, 4 points for the entire pie and if you use low free or fat free cool whip on top, it is still 4 points for the whole pie. I've made two of them now, and they are so cool and refreshing.

laparshall 05-11-2010 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Hall
woohoo! my water broke last night around 6pm. they had to start the pitocin this morning--still no contractions. I hope to lose about 20 lbs. today!

Rose Hall

Now will that make you eligible to win the FQ reward? I'd say, Yes! Good luck with that baby. We will be thinking of you.