Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

laparshall 05-14-2010 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
I put on a t-shirt today and it was looser than it was the last time I wore it... so I think I have lost some weight.

That is great! How fun for you. When I first started working out, I wasn't losing any weight even though I was working really hard and watching my food intake. But each time I stepped on the scale, no weight loss or very little. But my clothes were really starting to fit better, and even getting loose. So that is a good sign. Keep doing what you are doing. And if you don't see it on the scale right away, don't give up. It will show up eventually.

JudeWill 05-14-2010 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Hall
hey everyone,
just checking in. Malachi Samuel Hall was born Tuesday night at 10:18. 7lbs. 5 oz. 20 1/2 in. I can't believe they let me go 28 hours after my water broke. Twice they almost did a c section--my blood pressure dropped to 80/30 and the other time Malachi's heartrate was almost out of control from too much pitocin. both were scary. He was taken to the NICU after he was born because his breathing still wasn't normal and he had a fever. they think his fever was from me having him bundled too much! the breathing problem was from too much mucus still in his lungs. They still have him on an IV of antibiotics so he is not staying with me in the room. I'm trying not to be bummed about it.

gotta finish my email.

Rose

Congratulations! You are embarking on a whole new world! Enjoy every minute! They will have him out of nicu and back with you in no time.

bella 05-14-2010 10:15 AM

April,
Do not give up we have to really fight ourselves sometimes. I am jsut getting started and I know I well (fall) but I want to get back up and keep trying. I have not told many people I am exercising and watching my food intake. I think if i fail, there will be fewer people to know that I failed. So do not give up! We all know how hard this is. And there is no judgement here just encouragment!

laparshall 05-17-2010 06:50 AM

Happy Monday! How did everyone's weekend go? We finally had some sunshine. I incorporated lots of weed pulling into my work out. That bending and squatting work wonders. Yesterday I took my DGD (4 yrs) to the park. We had so much fun playing on the playground equipment, going down the slides, running through stuff, climbing on and under, and the swings are a hoot. We swung clear to High Town. Then we had a race on the foot path, she beat me almost every time. It didn't even like a workout until we got back home, and this morning, I was a little stiff. But if you spend an hour at the play ground, you are sure to burn many calories. At the very least, you will certainly have fun!
Linda

laparshall 05-17-2010 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Well everyone
I have fallen off the wagon for sure :-( I am trying to pck myself back up and move forward...again. Congrats to all of you doing such a great job!
Hugs
April

Oh April! Get off that wagon, plop your cute little Izabella on it, and pull her around then. You will be sure to get in some great activity if you do. Hope your weekend improved. Here's to moving forward!!!
Linda

LovingIzabella 05-17-2010 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by bella
April,
Do not give up we have to really fight ourselves sometimes. I am jsut getting started and I know I well (fall) but I want to get back up and keep trying. I have not told many people I am exercising and watching my food intake. I think if i fail, there will be fewer people to know that I failed. So do not give up! We all know how hard this is. And there is no judgement here just encouragment!

Thank you so much! I really am trying I just get defeated sometimes.....

Originally Posted by laparshall
Oh April! Get off that wagon, plop your cute little Izabella on it, and pull her around then. You will be sure to get in some great activity if you do. Hope your weekend improved. Here's to moving forward!!!
Linda

Hi Linda,
Thank you so much. This weekend was actually very good for me activity wise. I spent 6.5 hours sorting and stacking firewood, split versus unsplit and in size. For anyone who has stacked wood you know how much of a workout this is and for those of you who haven't done this-DON"T LOL Nah I enjoyed the activity and it let my little one play outside all day! At least she will stay fit :-)
Hugs
April

laparshall 05-17-2010 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella

Originally Posted by bella
April,

Thank you so much! I really am trying I just get defeated sometimes.....

Linda

Hi Linda,
Thank you so much. This weekend was actually very good for me activity wise. I spent 6.5 hours sorting and stacking firewood, split versus unsplit and in size. For anyone who has stacked wood you know how much of a workout this is and for those of you who haven't done this-DON"T LOL Nah I enjoyed the activity and it let my little one play outside all day! At least she will stay fit :-)
Hugs
April

Well, I have cut and stacked wood and you are so right. That is quite a workout. Seems like a very long time. You must have felt so productive when you were done. Are you stacking the wood for your own use?

LovingIzabella 05-17-2010 08:06 AM

Well, I have cut and stacked wood and you are so right. That is quite a workout. Seems like a very long time. You must have felt so productive when you were done. Are you stacking the wood for your own use?

I did feel productive and felt like I had accomplished a great feat for myself with the IH. Yes the wood is for our own use. It is amazing what we saved in oil cost last year in using the woodstove!
Hugs
April

Lneal 05-19-2010 03:23 AM

Good morning girls! How is everyone doing? I found this info on how to work exercise into our everyday lives. Hope you find it interesting.
http://caloriecount.about.com/blog/p...0-plan-b422863

The thread has been quiet lately. I know we all struggle at different times, but remember we are not alone. It's good to hear from everyone else even if they are having some, not so good days. Stay encouraged girls!!

JudeWill 05-19-2010 07:08 AM

Good morning! I hope I am back on track now. I'm doing the low carb thing, but was not losing, in fact gaining. I think I was getting carbs I wasn't aware of. Yesterday I really counted; plus I got myself on the treadmill for 20 min. It must have helped because I dropped 1.4 lbs. Hopefully I will stay on track now and keep myself walking! Onward and upward! Really, downward! ;-)