Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

beckyw 01-27-2010 11:40 AM

I went to tops and lost 55 pounds but gained 30 back so I'm back at it again. I think not working is part of the reason I gained it back. I have a whole closet full of clothes that would fit me if I lost 20 pounds. I also have new shorts that would fit too. When is spring coming. I buy to much fabric, clothes, food, and other things I don't need. What is this thing that people need to buy what they don't need. I'm going to try and fix it .

Alu_Rathbone 01-27-2010 01:46 PM

I wear a size 20-22 depending on the make of the pant... I'm hoping to get to an 18 soon... and then the goal is to get to a size 12... But I'm working on one size at a time...

On a good note... the Jeans I bought in the fall last year are a little looser on me... and I just took them out of the drier!!!

Lneal 01-27-2010 02:39 PM

I'm still exercising on a trampoline and increasing in small increments! Keeping food journal which helps a lot, as I know how many calories I'm getting a day. On track and feeling good about myself. Hoping for a good weight loss on Monday to "weigh in" with!!

wvdek 01-27-2010 09:10 PM

Wowee! I am so impressed and amazed at the progress you have all made. From 1/2 a pound to 80 pounds, either way it is progress. Keep up the good work.

Charlee 01-27-2010 09:29 PM

YEA TEAM!! You're all doing such a good job!

MJ...I'm just so darned proud of you!! :)

laparshall 01-28-2010 07:15 AM

DH and I weigh in tonight. I'll report the results tomorrow.

Motivational Quote:
“Every time you repeat the words, "I can do it!" with conviction, you cancel or override your fear and increase your confidence. By repeating this affirmation over and over, you can eventually build your courage and confidence to the point where you are unafraid.” - Brian Tracy

We can do it!

Linda

purplemem 01-28-2010 07:21 AM

Thank you for the encouragement. Today I weighed in at 277.5, down another 1.5 lbs. This is very, very good. Today is my "not exercise" day. But I am up and moving, another good thing.

Everybody! Mush! I want to see you lift those arms and legs, get that heart muscle pumping! Now drink a BIG glass of water!

Good job! You can do it! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Alu_Rathbone 01-28-2010 07:27 AM

Today I shall get my excerise by do a huge sink load of dishes, cleaning the counters, and mopping the floor! Since it will be rigorous house work, i can burn up to 600 - 800 calories... if i work on it for at least two hours...

That will burn off the Taquitos that I am eating and possibly that donut from two hours ago...

Mrs. Mel 01-28-2010 11:56 AM

Way to go purplemem!!! I was sweating and excercising last night (thought it would kill me) but I did it. Even got my teenage daughter doing it with me now. :D

Aunt Doggie 01-28-2010 12:11 PM

Please count me in also! I quit smoking almost 2 years ago, and still haven't been able to get rid of those extra pounds!
I am 37 pounds over weight according to those "insurance" guildline charts-

I still like to just think of myself as "big boned" like my mom always said!!!

I am going to try my darnedst though!!

Depressing thought....I use to teach aerobics!!! yeeesh!