Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

QuiltingGrannie 02-02-2010 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Thanks for all the encouragement! We will do it! It's great to hear from everyone. Even those who gained a little are working toward the goal of losing.

When Mom wanted to motivate me, she would say, "Onward and upward!" Maybe "Going down!" would be more appropriate at this point! :lol:

Love the "Going down"!

laparshall 02-02-2010 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
I gained 1 pound.

I really thought I did well (with the exception of The Bad Cupcake Day). I increased my activity-walked extra 1/2 mile even on 10 degree day. Drank lots of water. Didn't snack except for 100 cal snack in am and pm. Maintained calorie level between 1200-1400 (thank you Charlee for the website). I'm discouraged but determined to keep trying. We'll see how it goes this week.

To all of you-thanks. Keep up the good work.
Peace-Jan

The same thing happened to me when I really got started working out, but I gained 2 pounds. Everyone at WW encouraged me to not let it get me down, so I fought the disappointment and kept on going. The next week I lost 3 pounds and the next week I lost 2. It just took time to catch up. Keep going, you will be glad you did.

QuiltingGrannie 02-02-2010 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by laparshall

Originally Posted by janRN
I gained 1 pound.

I really thought I did well (with the exception of The Bad Cupcake Day). I increased my activity-walked extra 1/2 mile even on 10 degree day. Drank lots of water. Didn't snack except for 100 cal snack in am and pm. Maintained calorie level between 1200-1400 (thank you Charlee for the website). I'm discouraged but determined to keep trying. We'll see how it goes this week.

To all of you-thanks. Keep up the good work.
Peace-Jan

The same thing happened to me when I really got started working out, but I gained 2 pounds. Everyone at WW encouraged me to not let it get me down, so I fought the disappointment and kept on going. The next week I lost 3 pounds and the next week I lost 2. It just took time to catch up. Keep going, you will be glad you did.

No matter how hard we try there will be times of hitting that plateau and not loose any weight for a while. Plus Muscle weighs more than fat, so as we work out, get toned and gain muscle the number on the scale my not change or may even go up, but the clothes fit better, and we look better!
Never give up. Keep "Going Down".

Lneal 02-02-2010 06:02 AM

So far we have on board dakotamaid Mamagus beckyw Charlee Mrs Mel sew cornie littlehud bluebird janRN lacikat quiltincharlotte jwwskis joeyoz ChasingHawk PamG Karyn purplemem barnbum Pats8e8 obie2 QuiltMom Teacup LovingIzabella QuiltingGrannie QuiltMania sewspecial watterstide wvdek Lneal BrendaB Rose Hall laparshall Sharon- NC Oklahoma Suzie Mama Bear61 quiltnana vjengels Alu-Rathbone Aunt Doggiel lhavelka Leota diannemc Jeanclark yourstruylyquilts bebe ranger

Fabulous support group!!!

The easiest way to keep track is to pm me with your total weight loss for Jan and I will tally them for our total loss. Looking forward to posting on this thread with the "stats"

janRN 02-02-2010 03:13 PM

Thanks everyone and congrats to all--I think we're all making progress. At least by excersizing (sp?) more and eating healthier we're starting something we can live with. Nothing drastic that only can last a month.

Keep sending those positive affirmations and encouragement--WE CAN DO IT!!

QuiltMania 02-02-2010 04:45 PM

Was going to weigh myself today but didn't make it to the gym. Will try tomorrow so I can check in.

lhavelka 02-02-2010 06:19 PM

Everyone is doing great. This is great support here and if we do bad one day remember that there is tomorrow to do better.

wvdek 02-02-2010 07:15 PM

Drat! School cancelled tom. because of the snow and ice so I can't weigh myself there. Will drag out our scale and see what happens.

sew cornie 02-02-2010 08:51 PM

Thank you all for being here. I was emotionally exhausted this morning after a stressful night and after dropping off my kids at school, I just wanted to crawl back in bed. BUT . . . I have you to be accountable to. So instead I went out for a 20 minute bike ride. It was too cold to do more, but I felt SO MUCH BETTER afterward!!! Such a better choice to pound out some stress through large muscle work than crawl in a hole like a snail. Thank you thank you thank you!

Mrs. Mel 02-03-2010 03:12 AM

I am SO proud of you sewcornie! You definately took the 'high road'.