Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

Lneal 02-04-2010 07:58 AM

If anybody wants to participate in the total weight loss for January, please pm me today with how many pounds you have lost. I don't want to exclude anyone and it's too difficult to go thru this thread to add it all up.

so this will be the last call since I plan to post the total tomorrow. Thanks!!

Linda

Mrs. Mel 02-04-2010 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Lots of motivation and support here. Glad to have my quilty friends to turn to. No pressure.
Forgot to weigh myself in class last night.
My trailer floors here at home tend to be squishy and I have only one hard surface that isn't, but I lost 5 lbs. Now 1 lb at a time until I feel more comfortable. I have about 40-45 lbs to go.
Too cold to walk too far. We are to get around 1 1/2 feet more of snow starting tom. Too icy to walk, too. Stretching here I come.

That is so awesome!!! Congrats on the loss. :thumbup:

janRN 02-04-2010 02:41 PM

Help!! I need some suggestions. I'm working full time for the time being (#$#@&%)! and don't get home til 6-6:30. I don't feel like making anything for dinner (DH eats before I get home). It's too cold for yogurt. I usually end up eating toast or an English muffin and then I'm starving by 8:30 and start picking & snacking. Any suggestions for a quick, filling dinner would be appreciated. I'm good all day at work but afterwards--look out. If it isn't moldy I'll eat it LOL. Thanks so much for all your help.
Peace-Jan

Quilt Mom 02-04-2010 03:18 PM

Jan, try a 1/4 cup of almonds - plain almonds used for baking, not roasted, salted or anything. These are what I pacj for my DH. He is on those 12 hour days right not, and needs something about 5 PM to help him get through.

Or, for me it is 2 tablespoons (1/8 cup)...

It makes the wait a lot easier. I also try to drink a glass of water with the nuts.

Whoops! You asked for suggestions for a quick filling dinner. Any chance you can start a crock pot before leaving for work? I know there are recipes for low fat meals and diabetic meals made in the crock pot. They would be ready when you get home. Hence, no snacking!

(Fix It and Forget It Lightly and Fix it and Forget it Diabetic Cookbook - Phyllis Pellman Good I get a lot of recipes from these.)

barnbum 02-04-2010 03:18 PM

Soup!! I had the same trouble and if you make a low calorie soup and warm it in a mug--it's filling and there's no guilt! Here's what I did: sauté summer squash, eggplant, onions, and cut up baby carrots in olive oil--add spices--I used basil, dill, and garlic. Then I added a carton of Kitchen Basics NO SALT chicken broth--let it simmer and then added a half-whole can of tomato paste. It's delicious and heats up beautifully and lasts several days in the fridge!!

Quilt Mom 02-04-2010 03:24 PM

Barnbum, mmmmmmm! Your soup sounds wonderful! I'll have to give it a try.

Lneal 02-04-2010 05:35 PM

Added to all of that, you could try a low calorie frozen entree. For those times you need something Quick!

Charlee 02-04-2010 05:58 PM

Jan...on those nights when William is gone...I've been known to take a package of baby spinach, add a couple of ounces of extra lean ham, a dab of butter and whatever seasonings sound good to me at the time...nuke em! Works with just about any vegie if you don't like spinach!

barnbum 02-04-2010 06:18 PM

Or, you could always suck down a lot of diet root beer and feel really full! :lol:

janRN 02-05-2010 03:56 AM

Thanks everyone-great suggestions. I'll try any and all of them.
Total pounds lost in Jan: 0
Frustration level: off the charts
Determination: waning, but I'll keep at it

Have a great day and congrats to all who have lost and those that are hanging in there.