Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

nursie76 02-06-2010 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs. Mel
Welcome nursie76. I like your avatar; he/she is a cutie.

Thanks, his name is Hero and he is one spoiled puppy!

JanRN - Yep, you would think that as nurses who help educate patients about nutrition that it would come as second nature to us wouldn't you? But as nurses we get so busy caring for others, we forget us! :oops:

Quilting Grannie - Wonky weeks are hard on the diet, aren't they. But 1 pound is not bad...extra water and move around a little more and as long as you hop back on the healthy eating wagon, you will be back on track in no time! :thumbup:

laparshall 02-06-2010 05:49 PM

LNeal: Wow. Thank you so much for posting that number. What a great thing that you started. That number is very impressive. And it is only 1 month. Just think how much informmation everyone is going to start collecting and sharing with us. We are going to make this so easy for each other.

Nursie: Welcome we can always use one more to join in. Nursie and JanRN: When you are so busy taking care of others, sometimes you need to allow others to help you take care of you. I think we can offer you a lot of help and encouragement here.

I got "Just Dance" for the Wii game for my birthday from MIL. How fun. We shall see if it helps shed lbs or tone muscle. Whatever it does or doesn't do, it sure is a blast dancing with it. My DD and her friends were dancing to it one night, and I decided that I really wanted to have it too. You dance to certain songs by watching the movements of the singer/dancer. What a riot. I love my MIL. She is so supportive. One of the things that I suggested for exercise, is first don't call it exercise, just call it activity, and find activities that are fun and not the same old boring sit ups, and walking on the treatmill. Do something that makes you smile and laugh. Walk your dogs, play with your children/grandchildren. Even if you don't lose a pound, your life will be enriched by the fun you will have.
Linda

nursie76 02-06-2010 06:01 PM

lap - You are so right! I have the Wii Fit, and Dance Dance revolution. There are so much fun. Why didn't I think of that?! Now...all I have to do is go, dust off the Wii and away I go...fun..and on my way to fit! Thanks!

Teacup 02-06-2010 06:16 PM

OK, everyone! Just a reminder not to get sidetracked with your progress if you are attending a Super Bowl party. I'm taking a veggie tray and low-fat dip so there is at least one thing I can munch on! Watch the temptations on this created national holiday.

nursie76 02-06-2010 06:36 PM

Teacup - That's a great way to make sure there is something there you can eat. Air popped popcorn or those little mini bags of 94% fat free popcorn are also life savers! And don't forget if you have to have chips or tortilla chips there are baked ones out there that are lower cal and fat choices.

laparshall 02-06-2010 06:45 PM

I like to take shrimp cocktail as a passing dish. Lots of shrimp not many WW points, and the cocktail sauce is free.

Lneal 02-06-2010 08:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I found these at the local supermarket, so good! 140 calories per bar. They really help the need for chocolate. Good way to satisfy that craving.

nursie76 02-06-2010 09:25 PM

You are right and a lot of eating healthy is portion control, not denying ourselves everything! They look yummy!

nellebelles 02-06-2010 11:14 PM

Speaking of portion control--my niece and my sister both put their measured portions of snacks or whatever into snack size ziplock bags. It really helps to reduce the "guessing" that goes with reaching for a snack and since it is already measured out, then you will stop at one without "fooling" yourself into getting more than you really wanted in the first place.

Pats8e8 02-06-2010 11:26 PM

I buy mini rice cakes. The brand I get allows 7 cakes for 1 point in WW. I get the chocolate ones, and I portion them out into snack bags too.