Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

QuiltingGrannie 02-13-2010 04:16 PM

I had so much energy yesterday at work I worked circles around a 19 year old male who was helping in our department. (Retail - fabric dept work). I brought out a shopping buggy of freight and when he looked at it he asked what it was, I told him it was the freight. I then reached for an empty buggy and told him I was going to go get the rest of it. His comment? "THERE'S MORE????? " I said yes.
Well I worked him to death and worked circles around him last night.
This morning my manager asked me how much freight I had left to put out. I told him, "None'. He looked at me and said, "You had over 700 pieces of freight that was supposed to come in"! I looked at him and smiled, telling him that I had worked (Male helper) to death and worked circles around him. He smiled and repeatedly said, "Thank you, thank you. You are my hero."
BTW - this morning the scale said I had lost that other pound I had put on. YIPPEE!!!!

P.S. However - tonight DH and I went out to eat to celebrate Valentine's Day since I'll be working all day tomorrow.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!!!

sew cornie 02-13-2010 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaB

Originally Posted by Gwyn
I would like to join this. I'm diabetic and having a huge problems stablizing my sugars. My doctor says to eat 15 grams of carbs every 2 hours when I'm awake. My frustration is that I forget and miss. Then, when the next feeding comes around, I'm ready to eat the wallpaper. I have 125 to lose so I need lots of help. Even my body is working against me.

How many calories do we burn sewing and watch the Olympics?

Gwyn, can you set a timer for every 2 hours? That is something I would have to do, otherwise I would forget also. I'm going to check and see if there is a timer for the computer. Get back to you soon. :-)

Welcome Gwyn! I think setting a timer is a great idea. I have heart meds to take twice a day. Easy to remember at night when I have other meds to take also, but in the mornings, if I don't set the oven timer, I don't remember.

Gwyn 02-13-2010 05:24 PM

I think I will set my watch to go off. It has a timer in it and will tell me (yes it words)that it is time to eat - or at least what time it is. Since I am legally blind, a clock doesn't really help, but my talking watch will. Thanks fodr the suggestion.

laparshall 02-13-2010 06:08 PM

Quilting Grannie: You Go! That was a tough pound to get rid of. Great outdoing the younger guy too. You have a right to be proud of yourself.

Charlee 02-13-2010 06:52 PM

Good job Grannie! Those young pups have a bit to learn, eh?

barnbum 02-13-2010 07:21 PM

"You had over 700 pieces of freight that was supposed to come in"! I looked at him and smiled, telling him that I had worked (Male helper) to death and worked circles around him. He smiled and repeatedly said, "Thank you, thank you. You are my hero."
BTW - this morning the scale said I had lost that other pound I had put on. YIPPEE!!!!
Awesome!!!!!!

Pats8e8 02-13-2010 08:17 PM

I get a gold star today, picked up our teenage twins and of course they hadn't eaten. It's an hour's drive so we stopped at a taco place. (that's what they wanted). They filled up but I only had a milk, waited until we were home and had a 1 point soup for lunch instead. Hooray for me! :)

Charlee 02-13-2010 08:20 PM

Good job Pat!! :)

Gold stars on the calendar would be a fun (if juvenile) way to reward ourselves for behaving....maybe some kind of shopping trip as a reward for 30 stars? ;) :lol:

Pats8e8 02-13-2010 11:54 PM

Lneal, I finally made up the Dreamsicle recipe. Wow, it's good. Only I made it with lime jellow, vanilla pudding, cool whip and put pineapple in it. Really yummy, thanks for the recipe.

Pats8e8 02-13-2010 11:55 PM

Charlee, I like that idea of gold stars to keep track. And shopping is always good!!