Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

Charlee 01-24-2010 11:12 AM

Yea Mrs. Mel! WOOHOO! Two pounds is fantastic! You honestly don't want to lose much more than that in a week! It's harder to keep it off if you do.

Joey, that's hilarious!

MJ...have you been able to move just a little bit more this week without putting yourself into jeopardy? :)

Lneal 01-24-2010 11:40 AM

That is a great weight loss Mrs Mel!! I listed two recipes if anyone interested. One is WW Potato soup and WW Dreamsicle. Helps so much to have low cal choices, check out recipe section.

QuiltMania 01-24-2010 11:53 AM

LNeal,
Just be very careful when posting WW recipes. Their name and recipes are copyrighted and WW is VERY protective of their copyrights. Wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble here.

Lneal 01-24-2010 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltMania
LNeal,
Just be very careful when posting WW recipes. Their name and recipes are copyrighted and WW is VERY protective of their copyrights. Wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble here.

Thanks, my recipes are from a local WW group putting together personal recipes into a local cookbook. Maybe I should not list them as WW specifically then. Thanks again

sewspecial 01-24-2010 12:14 PM

Will join you ladies, Will start my weight lost journey as we work together to lose weight!
Sewspecial

janRN 01-24-2010 03:26 PM

Way (or weigh) to go Mrs.Mel!!

purplemem 01-24-2010 04:55 PM

I was able to go to the gym today and walk around for 15 minutes. It was a gentle walk, but it was movement! The pool is closed until Feb for repairs, they gave me a month free since that is the only thing I am allowed to do.

My shower made me so out of breath this morning that I had to nap before going to the gym.

I stayed on my food program today-big victory! I will weigh in tomorrow and see how I've done.

Good luck and good work, everybody!

obie2 01-24-2010 05:00 PM

Joey thanks so much for the welcome. BTW that story is hilarious. MrsMe, nice going. I am going to start moving, learning a new dance exercise, called Zumba. My DVDs arrived yeterday, and I have glanced at them. Tomorrow, the work starts.

obie2 01-24-2010 05:05 PM

Teacup joining Curves is a smart move. I did belong, but had to give up my membership. Cutbacks and sacrifices. The only exercise I really stuck with. Have fun.

Mrs. Mel 01-24-2010 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I was able to go to the gym today and walk around for 15 minutes. It was a gentle walk, but it was movement! The pool is closed until Feb for repairs, they gave me a month free since that is the only thing I am allowed to do.

My shower made me so out of breath this morning that I had to nap before going to the gym.

I stayed on my food program today-big victory! I will weigh in tomorrow and see how I've done.

Way to go purple! I think mentally making it thru day 1 successfully is a huge milestone.

Thanks Charlee, lneal and jan for your cheerleading. : ) Charlee, I am using your caloriecount website and loving it.

Good luck and good work, everybody!

:) :) :) :)