Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

buddy'smom 02-27-2010 05:18 PM

I agree, we can all help each other, I was eating alot of salads, but the veggies just don't taste that great, the tomatoes are so hard, vine ripe one's here are 3.00 a pound. Even cumbers don't have the same taste?? Maybe it's just me.

yourstrulyquilts 02-27-2010 05:24 PM

No it's the winter veggies. Like card board. and tasteless. Dieting in the winter is not all that easy. It can be done, but it's hard.

buddy'smom 02-27-2010 05:36 PM

Well I don't buy organic.

yourstrulyquilts 02-27-2010 06:18 PM

me, either.who can afford that?!

Lneal 02-27-2010 06:27 PM

buddysmom I must say you have done a fabulous job of losing 38 lbs :-D I'm sure it took a lot of hard work. Your gain right now may be discouraging, but we are here to help you get back on the track you want to take. Which is losing :!: Sometimes it seems like the things that are out of our control do affect our eating patterns and we don't feel like we are gaining ground. Stay encouraged and rearrange whats holding you up. You can do it :thumbup:

yourstrulyquilts we are here for you too :thumbup: :thumbup:
Together we will get through the rough times.

Pats8e8 you still have done good :D :D I know it is frustrating but that one lb may be easier to lose than you think. Keep us posted when it comes up missing :lol:

buddy'smom 02-27-2010 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lneal
buddysmom I must say you have done a fabulous job of losing 38 lbs :-D I'm sure it took a lot of hard work. Your gain right now may be discouraging, but we are here to help you get back on the track you want to take. Which is losing :!: Sometimes it seems like the things that are out of our control do affect our eating patterns and we don't feel like we are gaining ground. Stay encouraged and rearrange whats holding you up. You can do it :thumbup:

yourstrulyquilts we are here for you too :thumbup: :thumbup:
Together we will get through the rough times.

Well I sure hope some come up missing real soon!!
I had an apple with a TB spoon of peanut butter for snack, tomorrow everyone get a great pot roast dinner and I'll have chicken and brown rice.

Pats8e8 you still have done good :D :D I know it is frustrating but that one lb may be easier to lose than you think. Keep us posted when it comes up missing :lol:

yourstrulyquilts 02-27-2010 08:02 PM

((((((((group hug))))))))

wvdek 02-27-2010 09:03 PM

woohoo! Tonight DH and I went to the dance hall ( no we didn't dance, just listened and had fun people-watching), but guess what? I got into a size smaller jeans!!!

Yippee! I haven't seen size 16 in over 1 1/2 years. I was 18 and some 20's until about 4 weeks ago. I've really cut back on the sugar intake, hardly any packaged or frozen foods, did have a couple of sodas compared to one a month I may have, have been drinking alot more water, ate only when I had hunger pangs, stopped eating just before I got that full feeling, and very little in the way of snacks. I am eating more nuts and my DD made some trail mix that takes care of me when I want a little something in-between meals.

Of course it hasn't helped being sick and on meds, but I still ate.

Paying attention to when you are really hungry (feeling the true hunger pangs) and not just when you think you are is very important. Also, you need to stop eating before you get full. By that time you have eaten too much. It's ok to leave some food on your plate. The food police are not gonna arrest you if you do.

You can do it ladies.

BrendaB 02-27-2010 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lneal
This doesn't make any sense. I bumped up my calorie intake a little and lost 1 lb :shock: Hmmmmmm :roll:

Way to go Lneal!! Excellent.

My weigh in is tomorrow (Sunday), but I weighed this morning and was up 2.5 pounds. I have been very good about the diet this week, but still having trouble starting exercise. I've been trying to fight a cold, but today I lost. So I feel crappy, like my head is gonna explode, and the only thing I want is Sprite. Not looking good for me for tomorrow's weigh in.

ranger 02-28-2010 03:54 AM

Hi everyone. I weighed this morning.... lost 2 lbs for the month of February. I thought I had lost more but a loss is a loss.