Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   "Weigh In" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/%22weigh-%22-t34791.html)

quiltincharlotte 01-25-2010 01:29 PM

Hi there - I have 25 pounds to lose too. What day are you planning to 'weigh-in'? Maybe I will make mine the same, maybe we can help each other?! Or we can have a day where we either weigh-in, or just tell about how we are doing, any weight loss, etc. I just took the same book out of the library! Good luck! char

sew cornie 01-25-2010 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by quiltincharlotte
Hi there - I have 25 pounds to lose too. What day are you planning to 'weigh-in'? Maybe I will make mine the same, maybe we can help each other?! Or we can have a day where we either weigh-in, or just tell about how we are doing, any weight loss, etc. I just took the same book out of the library! Good luck! char

Well, great minds think alike!

:lol: I think I'll weigh-in on Saturdays. That way I can report on how my exercise has gone during the week, as I'm planning to have Sundays be my resting days. Good luck to you too!

Lneal 01-25-2010 01:35 PM

I plan to weigh in on Mondays, hopefully with a weight loss!! LOL! I checked my bp today and was so thrilled to get a reading of 135/69 For me that is a huge benefit for exercising and eating a sensible healthy diet. And I take fish oil 3 times a day after hearing about it's huge benefit!! I could hardly get my bp down past 160/80 before I started on the road to getting healthy!!

quiltincharlotte 01-25-2010 01:35 PM

Okay, saturday it is for me, too, if you don't mind? Now to remember to do that . . . .! Char

quiltincharlotte 01-25-2010 01:37 PM

Oh My Gosh! That is hilarious and perfect!!! Now I have all the excuses I need! I am sending that around and printing it out! thanks so much for the laugh! char

obie2 01-25-2010 01:45 PM

I am weighing in. Scale this morning flashed 227. I have recorded my food intake so far. This morning, I started my new dance DVD, Zumba. With these routines, there is a whole lot of shaking going on. It's based on latin and african dance. It's fun, but I have got to learn the steps. I won't be able to get the steps down for a while, but I will keep at it. This afternoon, I popped in Leslie's DVD and walked a mile. Now, I'm tired. But feel good.

obie2 01-25-2010 01:48 PM

I want to send out some encouraging words for purplemem, Lneal, and everyone else. Way to go.

sew cornie 01-25-2010 01:51 PM

Good for you obie! I'm impressed you are dancing . . . an ability I lack entirely. If one could lose weight just by laughing, I'd put on a dance recital for you all. LOL. Good luck with your new moves!

quiltincharlotte 01-25-2010 01:51 PM

I have heard that Zumba is quite a workout. I am an "over 55-er", so not sure I should even try it! Also I have two left feet, so will stick to the Leslie Sansone walking DVD. I like them also. char

watterstide 01-25-2010 01:52 PM

you know it is strange..being over weight, my blood pressure is perfect, and so is my cholesterol..but by indusrty standards, i am 50 pounds over.

and i smoke too :hunf:

i am hoping that i can quit smoking when my son gets home from kabul..yes, another excuse..but it is my excuse. lol
i quit for 5 years,hypnosis. started when my son deployed the first time, and the same week my dad passed, and the furbaby had his first seizure. :roll: excuses again. lol

here is to all of us..may we all be strong and happy in this venture, and more of all help each other laugh through this new journey!

:thumbup: