Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Anyone Watch Hells Kitchen (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/anyone-watch-hells-kitchen-t67763.html)

EagarBeez 10-01-2010 02:40 PM

I watched Master Chef, at least the first two episodes. I think that Chef Ramsey is nasty to the ones in HC because it is in hopes of driving the best out of them. I agree that blond girl, is not stable at all, she's going to blow pretty soon

cjk 10-01-2010 02:54 PM

The blond girl is something else! I'm just waiting for the other girls to knock her out...LOL

Chrys 10-01-2010 03:09 PM

I watch it. There's some pretty crazy people out there!

Bobby's Girl 10-01-2010 03:20 PM

I agree with those of you who stated the opinion that Ramsey is a mean-spirited, nasty tempered, vulgar jerk. I watched the program a few times and couldn't understand why people submitted themselves to his mistreatment. Watching a man whose vocabulary consists mostly of the "F-word," while he degrades other people, is not my idea of entertainment.

Chasing Hawk 10-01-2010 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby's Girl
I agree with those of you who stated the opinion that Ramsey is a mean-spirited, nasty tempered, vulgar jerk. I watched the program a few times and couldn't understand why people submitted themselves to his mistreatment. Watching a man whose vocabulary consists mostly of the "F-word," while he degrades other people, is not my idea of entertainment.

Very true, if I wanted to watch that. I would go see my ex father in law. He makes Ramsey look like a choir boy.

Boscobd 10-01-2010 07:01 PM

Altho Ramsey is a bit over the top, I do enjoy Hell's Kitchen. I think I've seen every season so far.

Aussie Quilter 10-01-2010 07:04 PM

No way. I can't stand his foul mouth.

smiles 10-01-2010 07:44 PM

Love this show and I also love to cook. Don't feel any of them will be able to run his new restaraunt. They sure could clean up the lanqage.

Charlee 10-01-2010 07:53 PM

I had a hard time tolerating Gordon Ramsey until I saw some of his other shows...the man really does have a good heart...to watch him with his children is amazing when you consider Hell's Kitchen! Everyone of those chefs in the Hell's Kitchen competition knows what it's going to be like going in...that's why the show is titled the way it is. One of those "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" things! ;) That being said...I really DO wish he'd clean up his language...I can understand the occasional f-bomb...have been known to drop one or two myself in my day (when REALLY angry or frustrated with something) but the constant use of it is annoying and distracting.

trisha 10-01-2010 08:04 PM

Dropping the F Bombs is his signature trademark. If you ever watch him on the BBC channel he does it all the time there too. But he really is a teddy bear. He is really only mean on HK because that's what he is paid for. I have never missed any episode of any of his shows, and he really is a very nice guy. They do this on HK for the ratings also.