Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   cat for free because ..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cat-free-because-t132271.html)

joyce blint 06-22-2011 10:12 AM

One of my cats, scratches where she barfs too. I think it's just natural....like covering their poo when they're done.

redpurselady 06-22-2011 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie

Originally Posted by redpurselady

I know what you mean about cats. We have Abby who we love, but she barfs a lot. Can't keep the carpet clean. We've tried putting her on special food, elevating her food bowl, etc. but she barfs at least twice a week and it isn't because of hairballs. We just put up with it and try to clean up as best we can. It does get a little frustrating when you have your carpets professionally cleaned and a few days later, there are barf stains.

My cat's used to do that (and still do occassionally). I tried different foods too but it didn't help. Finally, we found out they were chewing on our flip flops and that was making them sick. Now we hide all things made from rubber/foam and when one of them gets sick, we look for shoes that someone forgot to hide!

Virtualbernie - my Abby looks just like your avatar and I love her to death. She was a rescue kitty and even though she barfs a lot, I don't ever regret having her in our home. She makes me smile everyday.

jljack 06-22-2011 10:41 AM

Ummm Hummm!!! I know about this!! We have a cat who I swear is bulimic....she goes in and eats and eats and eats, then comes into the living room and barfs right onto the rug!! ugggghhhh!!! So, I use the spray spot cleaner and a wet sponge, and it pretty much comes up.

I haven't had to clean it off of a quilt top, but I'll bet Spray N Wash will work. That gets stains out of anything!

Quilter7x 06-22-2011 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Humm! It sounds like someone is looking for attention.

With peeing or pooping, they can sometimes be looking for attention, but I don't think they have the ability to choose to vomit. One of my cats had to take medicine for a thyroid problem and the medicine made him throw up. We felt so bad for him, but there was nothing he could do.

I have not had this happen to a quilt of mine before, but at least you know that in the worst case scenario, you can take apart the blocks and re-do them. Good luck. :thumbup:

ladyshuffler 06-22-2011 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by SparkMonkey

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I'm reasonably sure he can't help it.

I'm not laughing at your cat's misfortune, but that phrasing made me choke on my coffee. :lol:

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

jljquilter 06-22-2011 11:39 AM

My big guy, Mork, loves anything plastic. And what goes in eventually comes out or back up. As long as we keep all bags etc. out of his reach he's pretty good.

Missi 06-22-2011 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Grammy o'5
Sorry to hear your cat left you such an unwelcome gift. :thumbdown:
It is a relief tho to know my cat isn't the only one that does that. I finally tacked an old fleece blanket on a wall to use for a design wall. It keeps the pieces up out of everyone's way - especially the cat!

Tried that - she figured out how much fun it was to reach up/jump towards the sheets and the blocks fell off. She also found out how much fun it was to jump behind the sheet and the wall and knock off the blocks. That is why I now lay them out of the floor - so far she hasn't tried to rearrange them there. Granted I also don't leave them there for longer than 24 hours and it on the flannel sheet so they kinda stick.

I am wondering if it might just be easier to rip out the squares where it really shows, of course it is a white square. Luckily it is on the edge. Try and scrub the smaller spots on white and the luckily it blends into the black :)

mamahippychicky 06-22-2011 12:26 PM

You poor thing... I couldn't help but laugh!!

My neighbours cat used to come in at night, eat the cat biscuits and throw up on the carpet. I mentioned it to my neighbour who said "you need to change the brand of biscuits. X brand always makes him throw up" ummm no reply to that!

Ramona Byrd 06-22-2011 01:12 PM

My neighbors cat used to come in at night, eat the cat biscuits and throw up on the carpet. I mentioned it to my neighbor who said "you need to change the brand of biscuits. X brand always makes him throw up" ummm no reply to that![/quote]
--------------------------------
Unbelievable!!! I can't think of anything to say about that.

Except to lock your own cats in at night, that would stop the stranger from coming in.

kateyb 06-22-2011 01:36 PM

Did you try oxiclean. I really like shout for a lot of stains.