Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Cell phone or Land line...or both? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cell-phone-land-line-both-t33950.html)

Linsoblu 01-14-2010 10:15 AM

I just got my first cell phone the other day only to use when I'm away from the house as if I go shopping it 78 miles from home and if I broke down now I have a way to get a hold of someone. We keep our land line and that what I use and like someone said if you need 911 it tells them your home address. Plus I really hate talking on a phone I only use it if I really need too. My hubby has had a cell phone for year,but he's a talker.

nellebelles 01-14-2010 11:26 AM

We have a cell phone and fling a internet phone. What do you do if you want to list something on craigslist because you need a land line to post a add.
Really? You have to have a land line to post on craigslist? It has been so long since I posted on craigslist that I don't know the rules anymore. :cry:

Marymom 01-14-2010 12:52 PM

we have both, so we can call emergency if power is out for a while (and can't recharge batteries on cell), and also so if we do call 911, they have the address. Health issues in my home so being sure for emergencies is very important.

Are on the Do Not Call list - just get those annoying political calls - the joys of election years!

Sharon - NC 01-14-2010 12:57 PM

Just cell. although I''m thinking about getting a land line in case of satellite outages.

MollieSue 01-14-2010 01:52 PM

We just dropped our house phone yesterday! We both have cell phones, and the cable/internet/phone provider upped their charges again! We also dropped our cable down to just 'limited basic', and kept the internet with them.
Most of our kids just use cell phones, and have never had a problem.
:)

lindalou 01-14-2010 05:55 PM

We have cell phones only. When we moved we never got another land line, waited to see if we would need it, but don't. Lindalou

martha jo 01-14-2010 09:23 PM

Have only cellphone and also a spare. Internet is Verizon wireless which is technically a cellphone. TV is satellite. Don't move the landline and since I live in the country AT&T was a fortune for basic service. We can register our numbers with emergency in this area.

jojo47 01-14-2010 09:45 PM

We have both, maninly because there are a lot of trees around our house that interfere with the cell reception and we end up with dropped calls. Our land line phone company does offer high speed internet, but we are too far out to qualify. We are told it's being worked on for our area, but no word as to a time of availability.

charismah 01-14-2010 09:47 PM

Well I have a family of 8. My DH and I each have a cell phone...then we added a third line to our plan for a kid cell phone..I refuse to get a cell phone for my kids..but when they stay somewhere they take it with them so it is like the community phone...they all share. Then one of our daughters started using quite a bit of our minutes so we got the magic jack phone line...for 20$ a year..great investment for a teenager...if you ask me.

sdeaaz 01-15-2010 07:46 AM

we just moved.... we are going to try and just have a cell phone. Not real sure if it will be ok or not. We get some dropped calls which is annoying, but we are trying not to have another monthly bill. I'll let you know how we do. Quilter1234 :shock: