Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Cold (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cold-t261284.html)

orsdrramas 02-16-2015 09:00 AM

It is about 6 degrees here in southern WV and we are expecting about 10-14+ inches of snow but I am not complaining because that is nothing compared to Boston. Prayers for them

orsdrramas 02-16-2015 09:02 AM

In Jan '98 we had snow supposedly turning to rain. My husband was working at the fire department that evening and said that was the most rain he ever shoveled (we actually received about 30 inches of snow).

MarionsQuilts 02-16-2015 10:39 AM

Yeah, it's been absolutely frigid in Ottawa, ON these last couple of days. Yesterday was -38 with the windchill, and I felt it all the way to my bones LOL ... that dang dog in my avatar however, had an absolute blast on our walk!!!!

oldtnquiltinglady 02-16-2015 11:03 AM

Too cold for me here in TN. DH is making noises about doing the "snow bird" thing after this winter--if we get through this one without freezing our hinies off. I have been cold (here in the house) since last week--long sleeves and undershirts in the house, no less. My feet feel permanently frozen.....but thankful I don't live in Boston. Prayers for those folks getting though it.

Stitchit123 02-16-2015 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dyan (Post 7090950)
-5 near Toledo, Ohio "Baby it is cold outside"

I left Toledo 3 yrs ago in March and there is no way I'd ever go back. I had better than a foot of ice -snow and slush on my car the day I left Toledo. So far this winter we've had maybe 10 inches altogether-including last nights 2 inches. And this will be the last of it. I no longer suffer cabin fever.

lildinks2013 02-16-2015 12:12 PM

I just finished crocheting my DH some slippers. He's a happy camper with warm feet. I used 3 strands of yarn and size N hook. Quick and easy pattern. Made some ham and bean soup in a crock pot last nite for dinner tonite and had also some warm crockpot oatmeal ready this morning. The rest of the day is for me and my quilts. I also hung a smaller quilt over a window on the northwest side of the house as it felt cold there. Made a big difference. Hope ya'll can stay warm these frigid days.

MargeD 02-16-2015 01:08 PM

Oh my, it's cold here in MA, but I remember the many -15 to -25 days when I was growing up in SD. I do not miss those days at all, but I miss my family members who are still there. It's a good day to stay in and quilt; especially here with all the snow we have had recently. I want spring.

CindyA 02-16-2015 01:24 PM

It was about 6 degrees when I woke up today. Brrrrr! Now, snow is coming down. We are expecting approximately 5-8".

CindyA 02-16-2015 01:25 PM

P.S. Now I'm going to go look up on Pinterest knitted chicken sweaters!! :D

fayeberry 02-16-2015 01:37 PM

cold and raining here in Atlanta, but considering what the rest of the country is enduring, we are not complaining