Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Crossville, TN (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/crossville-tn-t294560.html)

Gagigi 02-06-2018 03:39 AM

Check out the Minsters Treehouse! Wow

moonrise 02-06-2018 03:53 AM

My dad owns a lot in a campground in Crossville. I haven't been there since I was a kid, but there used to be a huge flea market. I don't know if it's still there, though.

Chattanooga would be a great side-trip. There's the Tennessee Aquarium, the zoo, tons of hiking, bicycling (check out the RiverPark), the Hunter Art Museum, Rock City, Ruby Falls, the Incline .... just to name a few. :)

cindyb 02-06-2018 04:43 AM

WOW!!! Thanks for all the tips. I love you guys - 'leave the daughter home and take me' LOL. Not a bad thought!!!!!

JustAbitCrazy 02-06-2018 05:29 PM

Sounds like we're all going to meet up for a quilt retreat in Tennessee! :D

cindyb 02-06-2018 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy (Post 7998231)

OMG Wouldn't that just be so much fun!!!

mermaid 02-07-2018 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic (Post 7997357)
Nashville is one hour 45 minutes away, easy day trip to go tour Graceland. Pigeon Forge is 2 hours in the opposite direction. Lots to do there, including Dollywood. Also 2 hours from Smoky Mountain Natl Park, which is just beautiful. She could easily pack the kids up and do an overnight camping with them, the campgrounds in the park are breathtaking.

I live down the hill in Cookeville, 40 miles from Crossville, and we are almost 100 miles from Nashville...No, Graceland is in Memphis, but Nashville has a really nice zoo, Opryland, and lots of shopping. If you like flea mkts, there is one on wkends just outside downtown. Visit Little Blessings quilt shop (adults). There is a mall with Vanity Fair and other Outlet stores (love VF)..OH! the Crossville Playhouse! You must go! You won't see anything comparable on stage outside NY. Smoke on the Mountain series will surely be available whenever you are there. And we've enjoyed "Joseph's Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat" 3 times already! People come from all over for the productions. Check it out at http://ccplayhouse.com/ The longest yard sale in the world occurs in August and you won't even have to leave town --there will be bargains everywhere. Someone suggested you ck w/Chamber of Commerce--excellent idea. Edited to add there is a 3-D theater in Chattanooga..just a little over an hour from Crossville.

Kaye 02-07-2018 04:44 AM

We went to a timeshare in Crossville this past October. We really enjoyed the area! We went on two different hikes to see waterfalls....gorgeous! Visited Stonehaus Winery and the cheese making shop; can't remember the name. We enjoyed our visit to two quilt shops. One, Millie's Quilting Service, is outside of Sparta. It is very small and is in a basement of a house. The owner was great and actually has a quilt that she quilter (not pieced) in an Eleanor Burns book. While in Sparta we enjoyed lunch on the square and then an awesome visit and tour to Calfkiller Brewery....if you drink beer this is a must do! Be sure to make a tour reservation as the place is small and fills up. The other shop, Little Blessings, was large and very close to the interstate. Loved it and the staff!

We ate at a restaurant in Crossville that we really liked; I can't remember the exact name but it had Vegas in the name. We also ate at an Irish Pub that was good and extremely friendly.

All in all we hiked, ate, drank, and shopped! Can't wait to go back!

jokir44 02-07-2018 08:56 AM

I doubt you are charging your daughter for use of the condo.
She needs to be grateful for that. She always has the option not to stay.

cashs_mom 02-07-2018 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy (Post 7998231)

OMG! That would be awesome!

sewnclog 02-07-2018 01:38 PM

Graceland is in Memphis. Still sounds like a great place to "get away" to. I agree; leave the family at home and take an appreciative friend.