Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Cute, cute!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cute-cute-t24610.html)

reneebobby 08-28-2009 07:49 AM

I'll tell you what those are the darn cutest things I've seen in a long time when it comes to crocheting. She did a wonderful job, and I bet worth every penny she gets for them too.

quiltease 08-28-2009 01:08 PM

I confess, it's me. I made the ornaments. Poor Terri has been the middle man, notifying me when someone shows an interest in purchasing some, so I'm letting her off the hook. If anyone is interested in the ornaments please just PM me and I'll get right back to you. I make several different ornament people and I'll be glad to give you all the details.
To all of you who liked them, THANK YOU!!! As fellow artists you know how much compliments mean for the old self esteem.
Terri, I thank you for all your patience. What can I say, I made a new friend and I'm thrilled.
big hugs to you all,
bev. :D

Mousie 08-28-2009 02:29 PM

oh my gosh, Terri, the cuteness factor is awesome! :D

tlrnhi 08-28-2009 05:33 PM

Ok, Quiltease came out of the closet. lol
I hope you get many more orders for them.
They really are adorable and beyond what I could wrap my little brain around when thinking about them.
They are just way too cute and I think everyone should have a set!
So, ladies....PM her and order yours today! You won't regret it!

sharon b 08-28-2009 08:59 PM

They are absolutely adorable :mrgreen:

kd124 08-29-2009 11:24 PM

Those are so cute. I especially the Santa and Mrs. Claus.

Sheila Elaine 09-02-2009 03:14 AM

Love the little Granny Glasses on Grandma. Those are too cute. Be sure to pack them & put them where you'll know where they are in 2010 (if that's the year you'll be coming back Stateside). I hate losing, even temporarily, the treasured pieces that the packers seem to hide. Put them in a distinctive wrapping & dare them to misplace them.

Have a great holiday season. Bet your tree goes up early this year.

tlrnhi 09-02-2009 03:57 AM

Everything I need to "hide" goes into the fabric boxes. I pack most of them.
I have a bottle of Saki from Vietnam that has a snake in it, a baby cobra. YES, A REAL ONE! I have to wrap that in bubble wrap, then into ziplock baggies it goes. Then again in bubble wrap. I put my fabric in a box, then in goes the wrapped bottle, then more fabric around it. I mark the box so I know which one it is in.
I also have some very old ornaments that are done the same way. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Mousie 09-02-2009 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Everything I need to "hide" goes into the fabric boxes. I pack most of them.
I have a bottle of Saki from Vietnam that has a snake in it, a baby cobra. YES, A REAL ONE! I have to wrap that in bubble wrap, then into ziplock baggies it goes. Then again in bubble wrap. I put my fabric in a box, then in goes the wrapped bottle, then more fabric around it. I mark the box so I know which one it is in.
I also have some very old ornaments that are done the same way. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

...YES, A REAL ONE! What a great way to protect your stash! yikes! :shock:

tlrnhi 09-02-2009 04:16 AM

He's a great conversation piece in my curio. People will look at what I have in there, I won't say anything, then you hear a giggle. I have this little porcelain Chinese guy who is a bit on the nekkid side looking upside down. It's really cute.
Then, you hear.....OH MY GOSH! IT'S A SNAKE! lol