Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Cute, cute!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/cute-cute-t24610.html)

Sheila Elaine 09-02-2009 04:34 AM

Conversation would be over when I decided it's a snake of any kind.......all you'd see would be tracks away from it. Dead or alive, a snake is a snake in my book.

Mousie 09-02-2009 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
Conversation would be over when I decided it's a snake of any kind.......all you'd see would be tracks away from it. Dead or alive, a snake is a snake in my book.

that's what i'm screaming! LOL! :mrgreen:
We parked by a car, that had these door locks, in the shape, etc. of aforementioned conversation piece. I thought they looked odd, like a big wad of tape or something. I was on driver's side, away from the car, and DD was on the side, where she had a better look.
She is not as, well, unappreciative as moi, so she said, "Don't look over at this car." WELL, DuH!...what are you gonna do then? probably LOOK!
Since I had already seen, but didn't KNOW...i figured it out, by the way she was acting, and she said, "well, I told you, not to look. I was trying to keep you from feeling all, squeamish and such." weird. I have a weird offspring, lol! like her father :mrgreen:
So, anywhoo, glad they don't make christmas ornaments like that...or do they? I have heard of stranger things! :roll:

tlrnhi 09-02-2009 07:21 AM

The bottle with the snake in it was given to me by a friend who is in the Navy. He worked with the Air Force to bring home the remains of our people who had been found in Viet Nam. Don't think I could do that job.
Anyway, he asked me if I wanted anything from there and I said yes, surprise me! He sure did! He showed it to me while I was at work. Gave him my keys and told him to put it in my van. Not a problem, right? Well, he put it on the seat. I couldn't drive with it just laying on the seat, so I had to figure out HOW I was going to get it in a cup holder. I found a napkin and quickly put it in there and left it covered. So, now I am home and I have to get it from my van INTO the house. (YES, I am scared of snakes!) Well, I take my vest off and wrap it around the bottle and get it into the house. Phew! What a chore. Well, the more I looked at it, the more I actually liked it! So, now I have no problem picking it up or anything. It's really cool! I can post a picture! :)

Sheila Elaine 09-02-2009 08:01 AM

Terri, that's OK........I'd rather not see your prized snake, even if it's dead in a bottle. Do the authorities know he smuggled a "snake" out???? LOL...
Some of these fellows think it's cute, but my anxiety level goes up a 1000 degrees just thinking about snakes. If you do post it, please do so as a link & I promise not to open it. Others may want to, but moi needs to find an Exit sign.

When will you & your family be coming back Stateside? I'm in NE Alabama if you're ever my direction. I vaguely remember you mentioned being from NE USA. Will you'll be retiring, or going to another duty station?

Best wishes for a safe return.

tlrnhi 09-02-2009 08:07 AM

I promise, I won't post it. I'll e-mail it to those that might want to see it. :)
No, he didn't smuggle it out. He put it in his carryon and got on the plane.

We hope to get back to the states Mar/Apr next year. Not retiring yet. That date is March 2013. Still a ways to go, UNLESS the Navy says he can do more time. If that's the case, I'm buying a house and he can go where ever. lol

Mousie 09-02-2009 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I promise, I won't post it. I'll e-mail it to those that might want to see it. :)
No, he didn't smuggle it out. He put it in his carryon and got on the plane.

We hope to get back to the states Mar/Apr next year. Not retiring yet. That date is March 2013. Still a ways to go, UNLESS the Navy says he can do more time. If that's the case, I'm buying a house and he can go where ever. lol

ok, um, email it, and I'll click, run across the room, and peek between my fingers, and still holding mouse, to keep it safe, i'll send it away, lol!
You've got me so curious, but...jumpy :lol:
I believe you have my addy, but I'll pm, to make sure :wink:
eww, I'm getting all goose bumps....

sharon b 09-02-2009 12:59 PM

Terri do you still have my email addy ? Sounds interesting
Sharon

tlrnhi 09-02-2009 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Terri do you still have my email addy ? Sounds interesting
Sharon

Pm me it again.
I'll be sending pics out in about 4 hours, so you'll have to wait that long. Yea, I know....
Well, gotta run. Have to run to town then back here quickly so man can fix a/c in bedroom. And no...he's NOT cute! lol

tlrnhi 09-02-2009 08:29 PM

Ok, those that asked for pics, you should be getting them shortly.
Enjoy! :) :) :)

sharon b 09-02-2009 08:34 PM

Thanks.. I will be waiting...LOL