Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dec-2011-weight-loss-adventure-prize-winner-mim-t170255.html)

Jeannette in NJ 12-12-2011 05:52 AM

Oh dear, I just jumped in and started reading about negative comments. You all can say one for me. Have not sent Oct or Nov earned FQ. I have good intentions but not a system for making it easy. I am thinking I need to get 12 envelopes, choose 12 FQs and have them together to go once I get the snail mail. Now to do it.

As for weight. I am eating a snack at night and have managaged to gain, must give that up. Also I need both knees replaced so have not been on the treadmill like I was a few months ago.

I appreciate the comments you make about other posts, i need to go back and learn about Nancia's way to break down a pound.

Have a Happy Day everyone,
Jeannette in NJ

Murphy1 12-12-2011 06:05 AM

Weigh and posting on Monday is good. Now I need to get serious as the scale tells me up is not good. I baked yesterday. I will think of all the great quotes here about the first bite and getting things in control 4 ounces at a time. I look forward to a happier post next Monday.

createfourpaws 12-12-2011 05:31 PM

I received 2 more FQ's in the mail today for October weight loss. Thank you ladies. I sent you a private message.

This group has been quiet lately.

mim 12-12-2011 06:58 PM

I finally got to the PO this afternoon. 2 weeks inside with this miserable cold, sore throat and cough has me stir crazy. The good side is that I haven't had any desire to eat anything -- just hot soup, etc so I have lost weight. Now to see if I can keep it off all month --

dotski 12-13-2011 03:09 AM

just be careful once you know you can eat you will try to make up for all you've lost...ask me how i know !!! lol

Beachbound 12-13-2011 07:39 AM

Taboo Tuesday!

We all are going to be baking this week and getting the food ready for Christmas, I challenge you this week to pass on the over loaded cookies. I mean the thickly frosted cut outs or the ones with multi goodies inside. Try to reach for a shortbread or snickerdoodle instead. If you must have the uber rich ones, taste just one & walk away!!! We are traveling on a new lifestyle now & do not need to forgo all sweets but need to make better choices.

Merry Christmas!

Beachbound 12-13-2011 07:40 AM

Cindy, yep it has been quiet here but I guess that's to be expected this close to Christmas!

Murphy1 12-13-2011 07:47 AM

My weakness is homemade anise and almond biscotti with coffee. I don't know if I can resist. They are not very sweet so that is a good thing. But they are addictive. I will try by not making them unless to give to others.

Pam H 12-13-2011 08:08 AM

I figured this would be the taboo for this week. We'll see how I do. Last week I was hungry for peanut butter as soon as it was mentioned. I held off until this morning and had a piece of toast with peanut butter for breakfast. Yea for me! NSV!

Podunk Princess 12-13-2011 09:57 AM

Taboo! Oh no, I was going to do my baking this week. Guess I better hold off until next week so I can taste as I bake. I'm not very good at having just one!

I've managed to maintain this month so far and hope to be able to continue doing so. I would prefer to lose a couple of more pounds but not gaining any is a reachable goal this time of year. I start a new job next week at a nursing home so my activity level will be way, way higher than it is now. I won't have to worry about getting enough exercise. Theoretically I'll take "ounces" off fairly easily by increasing my simply physical activity.....we'll see if that's true or not.

It's a rainy, cold day here so I'm going to spend the day in my sewing room working on a few things and cleaning up a bit. Hope everyone has a good day and that those who are not posting are well and will be back soon.