Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/dec-2011-weight-loss-adventure-prize-winner-mim-t170255.html)

meanmom 12-06-2011 02:39 PM

I am so mad at myself. I work in a school and we are having a get fit class after school on Tuesday and Thursdays. We did the Jillian Michael video today. I came home and ate chocolate candy. My husband opened a bag that was supposed to be for Christmas. Now I will have to eat them all. I used to bring a snack to eat on the way home from work, an apple or something. I will have to go back to that so I quilt eating bad things when I get home. I will have to hide the chocolate from myself.

mim 12-06-2011 02:46 PM

I sent a PM to her about Oct because I couldn't remember -- I thought I had -- I haven't heard back as yet. I'm still waiting for a snail mail from Susan

Mim

I think that a FQ is a good incentive -- at the beginning if we can figure out the postage.[

Years ago I taught cake decorating adult Ed in a very wealthy community. After the first few weeks, the class shrunk to half. :thumbdown:We decided to charge 10 dollars -- Everyone stayed the whole 8 weeks. :) It was the principle of the thing -- no one really cared about the money -- :)Sooooo -- to make a long story short -- I try harder if there is a forfet at the end. :p Mim

QUOTE=ljs317;4752905]I will go along with the group on this one! It's sad when people make a committment and then don't follow through. I mail every month. ( some months its a little later than I would like but i always mail)
November was a really bad month I fell so far off the wagon that I could'nt even see it.
Lisa[/QUOTE]

createfourpaws 12-06-2011 08:25 PM

List of those who have chosen to participate for December:
1. Purplemem
2. createfourpaws
3. Murphy1
4. JHolm
5. dotski
6. Beachbound
7. Irishrose
8. Susan...
9. Betty Kay
10. Pam H
11. Kathy T
12. Prezzy
13. mim
14. Podunk Princess
15. Dar-midlife
16. ljs317
17. Lauriejo
18. meanmom
19. BarbM32
20. jlwheart
21. plainpat??

In the November thread, Nancia said she wanted to join in December but I have not seen anything from her on the December thread.
Sorry it took me so long to put the list out.

dotski 12-07-2011 03:21 AM

just trying to figure out what i can do with 20 fat quarters lol. hope i win !!! by the way what is the theme this month ?

meanmom 12-07-2011 04:04 AM

I have been just folding my fat quarter as flat as it will go and ironing it flat.Trying to make sure it fits the envelope perfectly and putting it in a legal sized envelope and putting a regular stamp on it. I haven't gotten any back with postage due so I guess it works.

ljs317 12-07-2011 04:56 AM

Hi
I mail mine in a business envelope with two stamps, I have never gotten any back so I guess they are going to the right place.

Lisa

Murphy1 12-07-2011 06:36 AM

I didn't see Rita'sMom on the list. Isn't she participating? I hope so.

Originally Posted by createfourpaws (Post 4758520)
List of those who have chosen to participate for December:
1. Purplemem
2. createfourpaws
3. Murphy1
4. JHolm
5. dotski
6. Beachbound
7. Irishrose
8. Susan...
9. Betty Kay
10. Pam H
11. Kathy T
12. Prezzy
13. mim
14. Podunk Princess
15. Dar-midlife
16. ljs317
17. Lauriejo
18. meanmom
19. BarbM32
20. jlwheart
21. plainpat??

In the November thread, Nancia said she wanted to join in December but I have not seen anything from her on the December thread.
Sorry it took me so long to put the list out.

susan... 12-07-2011 07:34 AM

have to slow my life down so busy this month been eating out a lot...wwe all know how hard that is on a diet. i waas thinking on mailing the fat quarter at the beginning of the month...we could all toss a quarter in with the fat quarter and that should cover the additional postage.
susan...

Murphy1 12-07-2011 07:46 AM

That sounds like a good idea. Not sure where we would be mailing it.

Originally Posted by susan... (Post 4759511)
have to slow my life down so busy this month been eating out a lot...wwe all know how hard that is on a diet. i waas thinking on mailing the fat quarter at the beginning of the month...we could all toss a quarter in with the fat quarter and that should cover the additional postage.
susan...

susan... 12-07-2011 07:50 AM

purplemem had suggest a po box