Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do all quilters have a cat? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-all-quilters-have-cat-t57884.html)

quilter on the eastern edge 08-07-2010 02:59 AM

I have Henry, my 4 year old Golden Retriever, and Lucy, my foster cockatiel.

moonrise 08-07-2010 03:35 AM

4 cats, 3 gerbils, hundreds of fish, and 11 zebra finches here. :mrgreen: None of them are allowed in my sewing room, though. There's barely room for ME in there! :lol:

I'd have an outdoor dog if I could, but our yard isn't fenced in, and I don't believe in tying a dog up. We had an indoor-only dog (a Yorkie) for 14 years, but don't care to do that again. The best we could do, even after 14 years, was to get him 90% housebroken. The other 10% of the time ... :hunf: :-P Nope, not going down that road again. Even with the accidents, I took it very hard when we finally had to say goodbye to him. I loved that little tinkle-butt. :cry:

quilt3311 08-07-2010 03:54 AM

I confess, we have 5--but not all indoor. Our kitties are rescue. Two tabbies, two tuxedo and an orange with orange eyes. He will come into the porch, but NO WAY does he want anything to do with being indoors. Hubby takes care of the "box" cleaning and brushing, I feed, water and pet. Ha.

brushandthimble 08-07-2010 04:37 AM

NO, never had a cat.
Your cat is beautiful!

ToucanSam 08-07-2010 04:42 AM

One cat and two dogs here. The cat isn't particularly interested in my sewing but will go in the sewing room sometimes when I'm in there. I always worry that she will knock the iron off, but so far, so good.

anniesews 08-07-2010 04:58 AM

I like the idea of kitty inspectors. My two girls try to get my material, lay on what I am trying to cut and will run off with the bobbins if they find one. But, I love them as they make us laugh all the time and we wouldn't know how to quilt with out their help.

dottie 08-07-2010 06:08 AM

We have 4 cats and 1 4 month old puppy. The dog has never been on a quilt that I am making but the cats all supervise.
I always plan to have at least 2 cats. Glad your baby is ok.
dottie

mms61371 08-07-2010 06:27 AM

I have 3 cats, all banned from the sewing room! And I have my daughter's 2 1/2 year old boxer that lives with us. She is known as the quilt assistant. When I am sewing she makes sure the cats do not enter the sewing room.

Dancing Needle 08-07-2010 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
I have Henry, my 4 year old Golden Retriever, and Lucy, my foster cockatiel.

I have my official cat quilt inspector. But I must say my heart belongs to Goldens...please give Henry a scratch behind the ears for me.

;)

damaquilts 08-07-2010 06:48 AM

My daughter has 2 that are banned from the sewing room. Andy makes sure they stay out. But we had a foster kitty Lydia that didn't care she would plop herself down in the middle of whatever I was working on especially dark fabric.