Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do all quilters have a cat? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-all-quilters-have-cat-t57884.html)

stefanib123 08-08-2010 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by frogella
No kitties here! I would love to have one, but I have six dogs. 5 dachsunds and a lab. All the doxies have handicaps, and the lab hasn't figured out she isn't one yet. They inspect my quilts before anyone else gets it.

My boxer was like this with the Chihuahuas, LOL! She would HAVE to sit in our laps with the Chis, except she weighed 75 pounds! She has turned me over in the recliner many times, LOL!

Until she was about 9 or 10 months old(you can imagine how big a 10 month boxer is), she thought she couldn't get on the couch because the chi's couldnt, LOL. She would put her front feet on it and cry until someone lifted her up and put her on it! LOL! It was only after the chihuahua got to where she could jump up on it, that she started doing it. When she put her front feet on,they would reach the back of the couch, LOL! It was so funny. Everyone used to laugh at her doing that!

I miss my baby......

SUSAN 08-08-2010 05:25 AM

Your kitty is beautiful. I have 3 cats, Reno 13, Daze 10, Ralph 4, all male, all fixed. All of them think my sewing stuff is theirs to play with. I have been sewing in my studio out back and we have a neighborhood cat who has adopted me. Don't know why, all I do is feed it and love on it. :lol: I call that kitty Bobtail. It has only about 2" of tail. Don't know what happened, but the first time I saw this kitty, it had stitches on the end of what was it's tail and it was shaved. So I guess I have 4 kitties. Love each and every one of them. We also have a bunny, 2 armadillo lizards and a betta fish!!

violetsfarm 08-08-2010 05:50 AM

Yes, we have 3 of them. This summer they are outside most of the time, but save some napping time for my sewing room.

dglvr 08-08-2010 06:12 AM

Nope. My doggies don't allow cats in the house or yard.

Mary M 08-08-2010 11:49 AM

I have no cats. I don't have any housepets right now. It has been real difficult to get another pet not knowing if the cancer will stay away or not. My last dog was a poodle and such a good little girl she was. She died from cancer. I have always had fish, cats, dogs, mini horses around up until now. I call the little frogs in my pond my pets; I also have 2 wild rabbits that visit me all the time. They are fairly tame. I also have deer that come visit and many pretty birds in my yard so at least I have some lovely close animal friends.

ann clare 08-08-2010 12:22 PM

No cats here but some beauties on this board.

candyce 08-08-2010 01:06 PM

If they don't have a cat, they have never experienced the joy of trying to sew with one in your lap :P

lizzy 08-08-2010 01:44 PM

No, I have a yorkiepoo (see picture).Her name is Molly and she is also a quilt inspector . She loves to play with strips of fabric and checks out my pinning on my quilt.

quiltin mimi 08-08-2010 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
Nope, no cats. Horribly allergic to the things (dogs, horses, etc too). I do have a pet button quail though. Maybe I shouldn't post this on a cat page... lol... don't want any of them to eat the quail :)

A quail?!!? Have you ever read the book, That Quail, Robert? I think it's out of print now, but you can get used copies. I thought it was a great book....you would probably find it fantastic!

quiltin mimi 08-08-2010 02:24 PM

I have three cats. All inside cats, so they get into a lot of trouble. The love to sleep on quilts. Sometimes I have to stop sewing so a paw won't get sewn in.