Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do all quilters have a cat? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-all-quilters-have-cat-t57884.html)

Mariposa 08-05-2010 06:00 AM

No, not any more. :( My cat died last fall. I do miss him. He had lots of personality. Won't get another. Now only 1 little dog (who's 5). It works~

drivingsusan 08-05-2010 06:00 AM

Yup, 4 cats! They don't really 'play' in the sewing room, but let a small scrap get separated from the 'herd' and it is carted away!!
And all will take turns on a new quilt when first laid out!

janedee 08-05-2010 06:03 AM

what a beauty

janedennis 08-05-2010 06:03 AM

No have a dog but dog acts like a cat sometimes, rubs all over you and even plops down on the quilts while laying them out. He just loves new quilting stuff and clean laundry. LOL

janedee 08-05-2010 06:05 AM

I have one cat and two dogs - all black - not good news for quilting!!

litacats 08-05-2010 06:07 AM

yes I will own up I am the one with 40+ cats and kittens. I love them all and am very sad when I have to pet home the babies but I know they will all go to wonderful homes. I must admit tho i am reducing how many cats I have and am only staying with the norwegian forest cats, I am pet homeing every thing else that is under 5 years old any older than that they will live their lives out here,
my cats are banned from my sewing room it is bad enough that i have to pick up after them in the house as anything that is on top has to be on the floor no matter what, they are worse than children. the picture in my avatar is a litter of British s/h kittens the last litter I am breeding from the british

cheryl222 08-05-2010 06:14 AM

Nope. Love my dogs though!

thequilterslink 08-05-2010 06:16 AM

Wow, beautiful cat, he looks like he rules the roost! I have cats and a few more cats. Love them, they love my quilts.

PuffinGin 08-05-2010 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I would have a cat and even a dog and no telling what else we would have but we can't have pets where we live. BUMMER. So I have a squirrel that I feed out back. Does that count?

Inspector Squirrel!

LOL! :lol:

No cats; DH doesn't says he doesn't like them. It's been quite a few years since we lost our crazy English springer spaniel (lots of personality!) and even though I want to get a new dog someday, we like to travel/ canoe/camp frequently. often to places where we couldn't or wouldn't want to bring a dog. Someday - when we stay home more I'll get one.

We have plenty of bunnies (both cottontails and snowshoe hares) and deer in our yard. Wouldn't call them pets though because they like to chow down on my flowers and shrubs. G-r-r-r

brenda21 08-05-2010 06:27 AM

No cats...we have Miss Daisy :)