Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do any of you use a Toaster Oven? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-any-you-use-toaster-oven-t204671.html)

kathbug 10-31-2012 04:39 AM

I don't but my daughters all do. I think it is funny, when I was making toast in our toaster my DGD asked me what it was, they don't use toasters anymore just toaster ovens and they use them for everything. I think it would be a great idea!

damaquilts 10-31-2012 04:48 AM

I didn't like them until I lived with my daughter for a bit. She had one. I don't like the way it toasts but for heating up small things for me I wouldn't be without one. I only cook for myself and it seems silly to heat up a big oven for 4 fish sticks or a handful of sweet potato tots.. Pizza is better reheated in a toaster oven too.

jitkaau 10-31-2012 04:57 AM

I cook chickens in mine.

cindit 10-31-2012 05:03 AM

There are just two of us at home now, so I use my toaster oven all the time. My old toaster oven was white and didn't really match in my new house. I was watching "America's Test Kitchen" one day and they recommended a Black and Decker Set It and Forget It model. I ordered it from Amazon ($100) and I LOVE it!! It broils, toasts, bakes, and is a convection oven. It fits a full frozen pizza too. I really like it and recommend it!

Jingle 10-31-2012 05:25 AM

I had one years ago and couldn't keep it plugged, it would still heat up. Got rid of it and I have ad a couple since. The one I have is used all the time. I would not be without one now. Husband and I use it and our 25Yo Granddaughter uses it for her meals, she eats different foos than we do. I save big gas oven for larger dishes and use it mostly in the winter.

QuiltNama 10-31-2012 05:33 AM

Love mine and it's just the two of us so works perfect for many things.

Caswews 10-31-2012 05:34 AM

I love my toaster oven .. its just great for the split shifts we do ..

JoantheQuilter 10-31-2012 05:45 AM

Buy a toaster oven...

Originally Posted by MarLeClair (Post 5624080)
I have been debating with myself about buying a toaster oven. Can't decide if I would use one that often. I do a lot of roasting of vegetables which I put in the oven. Do any of you have one and do you use them? I only cook for myself and it seems crazy to heat up the oven just for me. Any thoughts?

...if for no other reason than heating up PIZZA!! We also heat up other food items that we want to keep crisp (tacos, etc.). The microwave has it's purpose but not for keeping crisp foods crisp, for sure. We also heat up leftover french fries. Would not be without the toaster oven!

MarLeClair 10-31-2012 06:33 AM

wow. You are all so helpful. Thank you. I am off to look at reviews of toaster ovens and take a look at them. I don't want to take up a lot of counter space but will definately be in the market for one.

Rose Marie 10-31-2012 06:40 AM

Love mine and use it all the time. Saves heating costs for a regular stove oven.
Get one thats big enough to use larger baking pans in.
Use it for every thing except large cake pans and turkeys.
Mine is an Oster that everyone in my family has. We all got them at the same time. No problems with any of them.