Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do any of you use a Toaster Oven? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-any-you-use-toaster-oven-t204671.html)

Dordee 10-31-2012 05:04 PM

I'm like fancy Foot-use my B&D everyday

Mornigstar 10-31-2012 05:31 PM

Us retirees here all rave about them so I bought one on a Black Fri Sale at JC Penny's --"Cook" brand I believe.
It bakes, broils, toasts and is a convection oven that holds a 9x13 dish --for $ 50. Surprised myself with how
happy I am with it. South Fl is too hot for big oven and why for 2 people when i can cook a whole meal in it.

Carol34446 10-31-2012 05:41 PM

When we lived in El Paso, then Ft. Worth and now here in FL I have had toaster ovens, now have a big one and only turn on over 1-2 a year at most. Get a big enough one and you can bake bread, make cakes and cookies, back casserols and anything you can do in an oven, but house doesn't get as hot and far cheaper. Could not live without one.

janquilts'ncrochets 10-31-2012 05:54 PM

I cook only for myself also, and I do use a toaster oven. I hate to heat up a 30' range oven if it fits into the toaster oven. I feel it saves electricity.

akisan 10-31-2012 05:56 PM

I had one years ago but it took too much space on my counter. Gave it to Goodwill and bought a regular toaster.

Pat G 10-31-2012 08:48 PM

Now that I'm cooking for one, I had this same thought so bought myself a toaster oven about 2 yrs. ago. It's the only way to go when I just want a pc. of froz. pizza for dinner. I've baked lots of things in it.

It avoids heating the whole oven.

Plus, when I have the kids & g-kids in, it gives me an extra oven. Smartest thing I've done in a long time. I put it on the counter in my laundry rm. which isn't far from the kitchen. Only way to go in my opinion.

Connie M. 10-31-2012 08:58 PM

I use mine a lot, and there are 5 of us. Make sure yoiu get a good one. Mine is a cuisinart and I like it very much

grandmahoney 11-01-2012 01:31 AM

Been thinking about a toaster oven for my 83 year old mother for Christmas. Could be the perfect gift for her.

Linda58 11-01-2012 08:05 AM

I have used a toaster oven everyday for at least 15 years. I broil all of our meat in mine. Steaks, pork chops, hamburgers, etc. After moving into our motorhome and having only a convection oven to use, I now have a convection/toaster oven and I use it for almost everything I cook. Actually I have one in my house and my motorhome. I was afraid of convection cooking when I first had to use it, but now I love it. Everything cooks 30% faster, and we love cooking pizza's in the T.O. You will not be sorry if you get one.

TacoMama 11-01-2012 09:52 AM

I use a toaster oven because my big oven doesn't work. I like the toaster oven anyway because it saves on electricity and most of the things I cook can be cooked in there except big casseroles or holiday meals.