Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do some commercials just make you shake your head? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-some-commercials-just-make-you-shake-your-head-t163097.html)

ljorange 10-26-2011 04:34 PM

Any commercials for pharmaceuticals. My Dr. does too. I wonder how many billions they spend on ads that could go toward research or lowering the costs.

Ginger2010 10-26-2011 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by lvmybskt
I have twins and both are girls and there was bit of a size difference for the first 6 months or so and I used to get all the time, "Are they both yours"? I wanted to reply yes stupid who in their right mind would bring someone else's baby with them to the grocery store.

Sometimes people just don't think. And lots of people don't really know much about twins, they just assume most are identical when really most are not.

Back in the 70's, my sister (now in heaven) had a daughter that was 4 1/2 months older than mine, except mine was premature and much tinier, she had taken them both to town when they were about 3 or 4 years old and someone said to her, "do they both have the same father"! She just laughed and said "NO"!

Ginger2010 10-26-2011 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by GagaSmith
I, too, haate the AT&T commercial. I also hate the one for Yoplait yogurt when the wife is on the phone and the husband is looking in the refrigerator and she wants to know what he is doing. Isn't he allowed to look in the refrigerator? I think some advertisers think their ads appeal to women if they degrade men. Not me.

Don't like that one either! So bossy lady!

Ginger2010 10-26-2011 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kathy Osterby
It's not just the commercials that are so stupid. Last week 1 of the network news programs was talking about the animal "farm" where all the animals were killed and he said "Nameof man killed himself and then let all the animals loose". How could a dead man release all the animals? Daaah

Yeah! I heard that too! I am always correcting everybody on tv and my husband gets so disgusted at me! If they would just proof read before reading! Gosh!

Ginger2010 10-26-2011 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by mommafank
First of all, the ad is made to grab the viewer's attn and boy, see how some of the worst have done just that? Everyone sure remembers their least favorite and the product it tries to sell. On the whole, I hate having to watch commercials because there seems to be more of them than the actual program I want to watch. But,some are cute---Like the "My Name is Peggy" and the one with the little guy in the high chair who says "No" when asked, "Do you want more money" and then throws his cheerios.

I simply can't stand the one about Peggy! But I love the one with the baby and his cheerios!

Fabriholic 10-26-2011 04:49 PM

SadieMarie, you make me laugh! Unfortunately, there probably are some who need the "2" clarification.

quiltmom04 10-26-2011 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ginger2010

Originally Posted by mommafank
First of all, the ad is made to grab the viewer's attn and boy, see how some of the worst have done just that? Everyone sure remembers their least favorite and the product it tries to sell. On the whole, I hate having to watch commercials because there seems to be more of them than the actual program I want to watch. But,some are cute---Like the "My Name is Peggy" and the one with the little guy in the high chair who says "No" when asked, "Do you want more money" and then throws his cheerios.

I simply can't stand the one about Peggy! But I love the one with the baby and his cheerios!

I do like the Toyota ads where the young kids are trying to get their parents on Facebook or worried about them not being the fun parents. I guess it rings true! As much as I like Mike Rowe , I think the Ford ads are mean spirited. They strike me like political ads do, attacking someone else, not saying why THEY can do.

pattipat 10-26-2011 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by kraftykimberly
The diaper commercial, i think its Luvs, "poop there it is", REALLY ???? :shock: :roll:

That commercial is disgusting. :thumbdown: :hunf:

madamekelly 10-26-2011 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by crafty pat
I hate the one AT&T runs where the woman tells her Husband she should have don what her Mother said and married another man.Don't we have enough hurtful and bad things going on in our world without seeing it on a commercial.

I always want to smack her for being so mean and unfeeling.

lisajane 10-26-2011 05:27 PM

I think the commercial that makes me want to vomit, is the one where they are outside...and all the sudden...it's time to walk very lovingly...hand in hand...upstairs (because the time is right), because of some medicine he took! REALLY?!? I don't care if they are ready or not. S T U P I D!