Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do You Reply To Posts, No Matter How Long The Thread Is ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-reply-posts-no-matter-how-long-thread-t142785.html)

Tartan 08-05-2011 05:29 AM

There is no way I could reply to all the posts here. I would never get any quilting done. I look at the pictures and posts that interest me or that I think I can add to. I do read all the comments of the threads that interest me. A lot of valuable information might be on the LAST post! I've learned so much from this board. Yeah Quilting Board!

AFQSinc 08-05-2011 05:37 AM

I reply to whatever moves me no matter how many pages. I also read all the replies to a post no matter how many pages. I would hate to miss something! I love participating and being part of the community.

costumegirl 08-05-2011 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by AFQSinc
I reply to whatever moves me no matter how many pages. I also read all the replies to a post no matter how many pages. I would hate to miss something! I love participating and being part of the community.

I totally agree and feel the same way!! This is the best group to belong to!!

Dina 08-05-2011 05:46 AM

I have avoided posting if there are already lots of pages of replies. I may rethink that now. :)

susie-susie-susie 08-05-2011 05:46 AM

I usually read 2-3 pages if the subject really interests me. I usually don't reply if there are already oodles of pages. I figure I would just be repeating what has already been said. I am already on here too much and to read all the responses would take too long. I love reading all the posts, and I think this board is somehow habid forming. I find myself reading in the am--something to do with my coffee--then in the evening instead of tv. When the 2 sessions meet in the middle--I think I'm on here too much.
Sue

Glassquilt 08-05-2011 05:58 AM

No, couldn't possibly - far to many posts for that to be possible.

Chicca 08-05-2011 06:01 AM

I have been "lurking" for quite awhile. Posted a few comments off and on. Posted a few topics and received wonderful comments. Discovering how great it felt to receive those comments, I try and comment on whatever catches my attention. It does not matter to me how many pages of comments there are...it just feels nice to make a comment.

luvTooQuilt 08-05-2011 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by costumegirl

Originally Posted by AFQSinc

I totally agree and feel the same way!! This is the best group to belong to!!

Me too!!!

Granny Quilter 08-05-2011 06:33 AM

I don't answer a lot of them because I don't know the answers

Vicki W 08-05-2011 06:47 AM

I reply when I feel the urge, even if it is long.