Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do You Reply To Posts, No Matter How Long The Thread Is ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-reply-posts-no-matter-how-long-thread-t142785.html)

texpat45 08-06-2011 08:17 PM

It's impossible to read all the new posts - there are sooo many every day but I read those that are of interest to me and try to go thru the pictures and comment on several. I certainly read more than I comment on. I don't have the expertise to advise anyone, but I'm trying to be more active.

I do try to visit the Introduce Yourself section and welcome new memebers. That's what impressed me about this board when I joined...the number of welcomes I got when I did my intro post! Really nice!!

katesnanna 08-06-2011 08:46 PM

It depends if I have something I want to say. I will add to a long post if I'm really awes by the work. Credit where it's due. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy all the other pics.

katesnanna 08-06-2011 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
No not usually. If there is 1 or 2 pages I will try to "talk" on the thread, but really after page 2 no body is "listening", it is just added somewhere in the back, and nobody really takes the time to read that far.

If it's something that grabs my attention I'll read to the end.

MelodyWB 08-06-2011 08:55 PM

I post for anything that I really like or a subject that interest me..always try to say hello to newbies..because it meant a lot to me when I joined !!

lynnsim 08-06-2011 09:01 PM

This has been an interesting thread! I post when I feel I can contribute to the thread; doesn't matter if it's long or short. I try to post for a new quilt, etc. and it doesn't matter if I say the same thing -- everyone wants to know how pretty their item is. However, I'm not as much in the group as my grandkids have been here most of the summer and I've been doing the grandmother thing, lol.

Quilted Dogs 08-06-2011 09:20 PM

If I am interested in the topic I will post, if not just look and leave.......

chichimamma 08-07-2011 03:59 PM

Yeah, I don't post if their are lots of pages or someone else already said what I was saying.

CajunQuilter2 08-07-2011 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
If it's a picture, and I think it's a fabulous quilt, I'll post no matter how many pages there are. Can't give too much positive feedback!
Same with folks asking for an opinion. I figure they are tallying up the results.
If someone asks a question, I'll read all posts to see if my response will actually add value. If what I was going to say has already been said, I don't post.

Thats how I do it too...

melissa Dove 08-07-2011 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by luana
I am really enjoying this conversation. I am a "listener" most of the time, but I am learning that if I don't "talk", no one knows I'm here. So, I'm here!!!

Hello Luana, I'm here too !!, I don't post as much as I wish too because when I look at the text I've written I think it sounds too stilted. I was not an Enlish major!! I love peoples humour and ready wit, I have laughed out loud so much I know it must be doing me good.I will miss this when I go offline for the next week.

Grambi 08-07-2011 05:36 PM

Sometimes I have time to read each page of each topic, sometime only a few pages. I reply to posts when I have time, sometime many, sometimes few. I don't read each page before I post and I know that doing that really bugs some people. If I want to see if the person has already answered a question, but don't have time to read each post, I will go to the original poster's profile, click on the list of their posts and check before I ask the question again. I don't think I'm really consistant on any of the above, LOL.