Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Does anyone??? Do Tell! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/does-anyone-do-tell-t75624.html)

CGail 11-11-2010 04:26 PM

I do in order to make my grocery list for the week. I just do not specify what for which day. - Cynthia

Chasing Hawk 11-11-2010 04:38 PM

We plan our weekly meals before we head to the grocery store.

mollymct 11-11-2010 04:48 PM

I usually plan more on a weekly basis. I like to cook time consuming things on the weekend and portion it out for the freezer to keep things easier weeknights. It's just me and I usually arrive home hungry!

hannajo 11-11-2010 05:01 PM

When I lived by myself, I just ate whatever, whenever. I never planned and didn't eat much by way of meals.

My DH is not like this. I was getting really annoyed having a daily meeting to discus what we were having for dinner, so I started writing a weekly dinner menu on the fridge for the week. It keeps both of us sane.

quilt_happy 11-11-2010 06:15 PM

I do. I made up 5 weeks of menus of what the kids and hubby like. We also included Domino's Pizza night and a movie. We added "eat out night". We rotate the menus, which also include a complete shopping list to go with it. We do not always stick to the menu, but it gives us ideas of what to shop for at the grocery store.

jitkaau 11-11-2010 06:44 PM

I don't, but a couple that I know plans it every week. They do not buy what they do not need and there is no wastage, and so therefore maintain the saving is good. I don't think I could be that rigid, and would like to be able to change my mind if I just want a snack.

Arleners 11-11-2010 08:18 PM

Years ago, when I really had to budget, I would write up a two week list of meals. (we got paid bi-weekly) First I'd look at what I had on hand. Then I'd plan meals using those items and writing up a grocery list for what I didn't have already. Then whoever got home first could start dinner. It wasn't tied to on Monday you must have . . .
It worked really well. Now things aren't so tight and I've gotten real lazy.

amandasgramma 11-11-2010 08:20 PM

YES, I DO!!! I go to the store, walk down every aisle, buy what I want....and my menu is whatever is in the fridge.... :-D We eat leftovers till they're gone or I freeze. We never have waste. Well -- almost never

gertz 11-11-2010 10:18 PM

I used to cook but my daughter said one day If God wanted me to cook there would be no restaurants. So I don't argue with God. I can cook if I have to.

lsmith 11-12-2010 06:59 AM

You are all so organized! We live a ways out from town so there's not much fast food available or quick trips to the store. We hunt wild game, raise our own pork and eggs and I plant a big garden, so in the summer our meals are usually dictated by what is ready in the garden. I try to vary our meals so we don't end up with too much of anything left by the spring. Even tho it's just the 2 of us I still fix big meals and then we work off of leftovers and I freeze extras for our "fast food".